What's new

avramce

Student
Reaction score
Finally dialed in my printer settings and my PCB designs to the point that I can easily wire up and test my CMVS builds:

&thumbnail=1.png

Build currently uses a MV1C board, a 5V3A power supply, two DB15 ports, either a Genesis 2 AV out or a female SCART port.
I designed a JAMMA edge breakout, Genesis 2 breakout, SCART breakout PCBs for my build, all tying into the CMVSRGB board.

Using three 3D printers, it takes about a day to print each shell. The tops get primed, sanded to fill in all the printer imperfections, painted and clearcoated with a matte finish (no fingerprint magnets :P )
I might have to redesign the PCBs I'm using in the future, as I want a way to invoke the Test Menu with a button combo instead of relying on UniBIOS for everything (also make a jumper for tying the Select button to either Game Select or Coin-in).

Overall, very pleased with the results. Just need to figure out a more sure fire way to print my overhangs. At the moment, the rear portion of the top shell is incredibly rough, resulting in varied surface quality after the sanding and painting process.

Gallery of the build and some pics of the unit in use:
https://imgur.com/a/W0rjFoh

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.32.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.32.59 AM.png
    712.3 KB · Views: 1,454
These are incredible looking. The finish on them is so good. Gorgeous work!

These are incredible looking. The finish on them is so good. Gorgeous work!
Thanks man! I have to learn how to paint it more consistently, probably doesn't help that I paint outdoors, and the weather up here in Seattle/Bothell is nothing short of inconsistent.

Back