What's new

neofan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed the m27c4002 bios chip from my KOF 2003 PCB and installed a socket and inserted a m27c1024 with unibios 4.0. It was working fine before, but now it just shows a bunch of multi-colored squares on the screen. Both chips have the same pinout. Will this only work with a m27c4002?

I don't think the Unibios was designed to work with the standalone game PCBs.

Hi! :)
could someone make bin file with 4 times the copy of bios 4.0, because i can't do it ;( .I will take the test Thank you ;)

Unfortunately, a 4x bios for this is not going to work. The kof2003 pcb bios is encrypted and the second 128kb chunk has extra 68k code in it.

Doesn't the SVC Chaos PCB also use an encrypted bios? I was able to get this PCB running with a neo bios masta and Unibios 4.0.

Hi!

No it does not work ;( Razoola but will say once that SVC Chaos PCB version bios is in the SP-4X chip

Doesn't the SVC Chaos PCB also use an encrypted bios? I was able to get this PCB running with a neo bios masta and Unibios 4.0.
No. The svc / ms5 board's bios is iirc not protected. Svc and ms5 should actually be 100 percent compatible if you were to swap the roms between the two.

Damn, that sucks. I noticed in MAME that there is a file named "sfix". Is this what decrypts the bios or is it something else?

Damn, that sucks. I noticed in MAME that there is a file named "sfix". Is this what decrypts the bios or is it something else?
Fix (font graphics) data for the bios.

Thanks for all the info. I'll just restore it to stock bios. No English sucks, but at least it has bouncy Mai.

Back