What's new

skate323k137

Enlightened
Reaction score
hey y'all

I'm trying to help out the homie @MmSadda and get him a set of the zakk roms for Dangun Feveron.

The zip here has 3 files. http://bigcore.rsdio.com/zakk/stuff/dangun-patched/

2 files I'm pretty sure just go to the m27c4001 roms. I'm just wondering if the extra file in the zip is needed for anything. (Or if the 2 files not in the zip are needed... But they're tiny so I can't imagine they are needed)

So basically do I just burn the 2 rom files? Any help appreciated.

Really appreciate Skate looking out for me. But that seems to be par for the course for him ;)

I didn’t know there were Zakk ROMS for Dangun. Is there a list of what they do?

Pretty simple; they just change the 5th place high score to 10 points. This makes it feasible for people like me (who suck) to still see their score. The game doesn't show your final score unless you make it on the board, and it is far and away the hardest Cave game to get onto the board for, which is pretty lame.

Pretty simple; they just change the 5th place high score to 10 points. This makes it feasible for people like me (who suck) to still see their score. The game doesn't show your final score unless you make it on the board, and it is far and away the hardest Cave game to get onto the board for, which is pretty lame.
You'll have to share how this goes, I'm in the same boat. Suck at game, would be nice to see scores...

The extra file matches MAMEs SHA1 (eeprom-dfeveron.bin).

I'm going to burn the prog roms as is from the zip file and send them off to @MmSadda for testing, unless someone chimes in with any other info. I have a handful of m27c4001 chips so if it works out I could burn another set or two.

I would be down for a set @skate323k137 if it works out. Would give me some focus to fix my PCB with some graphics glitches.

Has anyone tried asking on the Cave-STG forum? If I recall Zak is on there pretty regularly.

Alright, I got it all figured out.

The .ips files are patch files. They can be applied to the normal MAME roms to get the resulting Zakk roms. I ran through applying the .IPS patches myself to the MAME roms, and ended up with the exact same roms as are in the .zip file.

So basically, if you want to install the zakk roms, just download the .zip from http://bigcore.rsdio.com/zakk/stuff/dangun-patched/ and burn the two 512k files inside the zip to two m27c4001 roms.

Once @MmSadda confirms these are working, I have no problem sending you a set as well @RandomRetro or @XtraSmiley (if you don't have an EPROM burner).

Perfect, just let me know what I can kick you for the hassle when ready!

That's a worthy change, I'll get around to doing the swap sometime.

The Garegga Zakk ROMS are essential. I wish there were ones for APB and Bakraid too :)

Thanks for this! Knew about the Garegga patch but not Feveron; gotta scrounge up some spare EPROMs for this and try it out.

IT WORKED! Unsprurising, given that Zakk knows his stuff, and Skate is a god among men! Even so, I'm thrilled to see it :)

5Jn02DB.jpg

You love to see it! I used to own this PCB and I've never seen that either :)

After I take care of @XtraSmiley and @RandomRetro I have enough left for one more set. I'm not sure how shipping is from China right now to get any more blanks, so if you don't have an eprom burner and you need a set, let me know.

Last edited:
Back