What's new
^ when ready for the multi fix mitsu I will send a cps 3 cart also with mine if you don't mind so I can play 3rd strike again finally. ty

Darksoft, in June I place an order for a multikit on ksiegarniafont. Order number 25296. Is this part of the unsent 3rd batch?

Yes that's part of the 3rd Batch. We'll start sending again at the end of next week.

Cheers.

I will need to try my multikit cps2 board in my Capcom cabinet to see if I get the crackling. I was hoping for that to be its eventual home.

Are you now taking on the work for the update? If so, can you shoot me your mailing address and total cost for:

(A) Sound fix on CPS2 multi

and...

(B) Reset fix on ST-V cart.

Thanks!
I won't have the sound fix parts for a few more weeks. That service will be free except you pay return shipping.. The ST-V update is $15. So you will basically need $15 plus return shipping for both when I am ready.
I think it's unfair to charge for return shipping given that there is a flaw in the hardware with respect to the sound. I think the fair thing would be for us to pay shipping one way and for you guys to pay shipping back. Yes it will cost you guys, but it will also cost us. Having the customer basically pay shipping 3 times (once on the original sale plus twice to get it fixed) is an unfair punishment for being an early customer....

I think it's unfair to charge for return shipping given that there is a flaw in the hardware with respect to the sound. I think the fair thing would be for us to pay shipping one way and for you guys to pay shipping back. Yes it will cost you guys, but it will also cost us. Having the customer basically pay shipping 3 times (once on the original sale plus twice to get it fixed) is an unfair punishment for being an early customer....
Well, believe it or not, Mitsu and I have been discussing this issue and we came to the same conclussion that you.

We've decided to send the fixing kits for free to everyone that prefers this option and those of you who prefer to get it fixed by us, you'll pay for shipping one way. We'll take care of the return shipping. This option can cause some delays as our time is limited, but definitely we'll make sure That everyone of you, one way or the other, get their kits updated.

As I'm using a supergun I'll wait before sending my kit back for an update
Good luck for the others

This option can cause some delays
It all depends on how many I receive to apply the fix to. Keep in mind that I own two restaurants and I work 60 hours a week. I try to get stuff back out ASAP. If you don't want to wait weeks potentially to receive it back and you know someone that can apply the fix pcb for you I would suggest that route. Pablo is my friend and I have made exactly $0.00 from the CPS2 project (minus three paid installs) but I want to take care of you customers so please bare with me if it takes a bit of time to return ship them for awhile once we begin.

Thanks for being awesome about the fix. Who cares about shipping, I'm glad there's a solution!

Now I'm just waiting for further instructions (sending in my CPS2 board plus STV for reset mod).

Well, believe it or not, Mitsu and I have been discussing this issue and we came to the same conclussion that you.
We've decided to send the fixing kits for free to everyone that prefers this option and those of you who prefer to get it fixed by us, you'll pay for shipping one way. We'll take care of the return shipping. This option can cause some delays as our time is limited, but definitely we'll make sure That everyone of you, one way or the other, get their kits updated.
Thanks for being so fair about this man. Of course, if the fix isn't super hard, I think I have friends around me that can help me out, but if it takes a lot of skill, I may have to send it in...

How to get the fix kit?

You could send 3 to me, as i'm doing for sure two and can send on the third one (if i'm not doing it for him) to the 3th owner i know here in Switzerland.

I'm havin an unexpected business trip that is delaying everything a little.

Below pics of the new PCB. I'll ask mitsu to shoot a vide and let's anyone decide which option they prefer.

All the kits ordered will be shipped this week. And ALL will come with the crackling fix installed. See below.

Attachments

• Crackling Fix 1.jpg
    Crackling Fix 1.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Crackling Fix 2.jpg
    Crackling Fix 2.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 331
I'll ask mitsu to shoot a video and let's anyone decide which option they prefer.
As soon as I receive them I will do this. Probably two weeks or so. Then I will be open for repairs if you decide to have me do them.

I'm glad that mine will have the audio fix already.

I can't wait!!!

It's cool that there's finally a solution, but how hard is it to install the PCB? Doesn't look like a solder free solution.

It's cool that there's finally a solution, but how hard is it to install the PCB? Doesn't look like a solder free solution.
It's not solder-free, and the solder points are small. it requires ability and probably special equipment. check this thread for more info.

Regards.

Back