What's new
understood, then probably megavolt85 should know what was the root of problem he fixed using these patches.

I added an unlocked version of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, to unlock all characters the system region must be changed to "other" and language to "english" in the test menu, most characters remain locked if the region is set to Japan.

Thanks to YZB for this patch.

All of the games work for me except The Rumble Fish 2 (vanilla rom + all characters rom) which sucks cause it's the game I wanted most!

Any ideas?

Value 0x20A0 needs to be changed to 0xFEAC

A0200000 replaced to ACFE0000
Dreamcast has no SRAM, I upload a copy of SRAM at ACFE0000

does anyone have clean dumps of KenJu and Force Five?
at least dump only ic12

any ideas why metal slug 6 freezes? too much for the N1? :/

I believe I figured it out. I tried to play with a mega drive controller I had wired up for the Naomi, but apparently the inputs were shorting all over the pcb. probably crashed the jvs io..
all is good now though

Last edited:
I believe I figured it out. I tried to play with a mega drive controller I had wired up for the Naomi, but apparently the inputs were shorting all over the pcb. probably crashed the jvs io..
all is good now though
hehe, sounds familiar, you're likely triggered original MS6's bug - game will hang if press left+right+fire at the same time.
normally it is not possible, but it is a PITA for PC emu-gamers who mainly use keyboard.

hehe, sounds familiar, you're likely triggered original MS6's bug - game will hang if press left+right+fire at the same time.
normally it is not possible, but it is a PITA for PC emu-gamers who mainly use keyboard.
what? haha, that's interesting :D I didn't know

I was reading some youtube comments on smokemonsters video about the dreamcast converts that they (the dreamcast converts) have 0 frames of input lag but the naomi converts have several frames of input lag due to the loader app handling the input conversion.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I was reading some youtube comments on smokemonsters video about the dreamcast converts that they (the dreamcast converts) have 0 frames of input lag but the naomi converts have several frames of input lag due to the loader app handling the input conversion.

Does anyone know if this is true?
this is partial true, DC conversions have zero additional lag, NAOMI conversions normally have 1 additional frame lag due to async JVS I/O polling, and may have 1 more if use some crappy JVS I/O board, which may add more lag (cant remember which models do this).
in any case, AW games are 3D rendered games and have a long "pipeline" (i.e. lag) by design, so +- one frame is not really noticeable

Do the Dreamcast conversions not add lag while moving controls to the Maple Bus? Or is this done already in original Atomiswave configuration such that there is no "additional" lag?

this is partial true, DC conversions have zero additional lag, NAOMI conversions normally have 1 additional frame lag due to async JVS I/O polling, and may have 1 more if use some crappy JVS I/O board, which may add more lag (cant remember which models do this).
in any case, AW games are 3D rendered games and have a long "pipeline" (i.e. lag) by design, so +- one frame is not really noticeable
Super good info as usual. Thanks @MetalliC

Back