What's new

TravistyOJ

Student
Reaction score
Anyone know what game this went with or have any pinouts? Also has the word GUSSAN and Taito Universal JVS2 PCB on it. Thanks!

Does it look like this?

IMG_5952.jpg

Yes, it looks almost exactly like that! Different identifier on the board though

Attachments

• 66E43FB7-1A84-4EC1-B633-9238E3204217.jpeg
    66E43FB7-1A84-4EC1-B633-9238E3204217.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 158
No idea, I havent been able to find what cab/game it comes froml but it was probably made for games that analog controls or similar, etc...

The G1 is basic taito harness so should be similar to vewlix jvs io, etc..

P1 is power ofcourse that uses the Universal Fast io connection, which should have pins for 12, 5, 2x gnd

Z1 in other taito io was used for analog i/o controls, etc.. iirc

B1 - not sure, might be for leds, etc..?

Interesting, my Fast I/O P1 is 4 pin JST and only needs 12v. I may power it, and see if I can get info on it, any JVS debug tools out there?

I think the universal fast io will work with 12v only, but Im sure these are wired for 12 & 5v be careful how you hook up power.
Trace out the pins to see where they go first, double check.

I think this is how the pins are wired for the power connector. Please double check.

IMG_5953.jpg

Yeah I’m going to have to build some sort of adapter. What kind of connector do I need to connect to this P1

Im pretty sure its a JST XL, if I find some spares Ill let you know.

Attachments

• eXL1.pdf
    186.9 KB · Views: 184
The G1 is basic taito harness so should be similar to vewlix jvs io, etc..

Not really.

On this board G1 is 64pin, while classic Taito G1 is 60 pin (FastIO + G1 + JAMMA edge pcb).
Newer (e.g. FastIO without JAMMA edge, USB IO) boards have 64 pin G1.

My Vewlix has 60pin harness, which fits that older board with JAMMA edge, but not newer.
I guess there should be newer harness for Vewlix, as some of them come with USBIO now, which is 64pin.

No idea, I havent been able to find what cab/game it comes from
Haunted Museum 2
may be others

I think the universal fast io will work with 12v only, but Im sure these are wired for 12 & 5v be careful how you hook up power.
The board actually has a buck converter, that gets 5V from that 12V.
12V is input, 5V is output.
On the newer machines this 5V out from the board is/was used to power NESiCA reader.

Last edited:
Not really.

On this board G1 is 64pin, while classic Taito G1 is 60 pin (FastIO + G1 + JAMMA edge pcb).
Newer (e.g. FastIO without JAMMA edge, USB IO) boards have 64 pin G1.

My Vewlix has 60pin harness, which fits that older board with JAMMA edge, but not newer.
I guess there should be newer harness for Vewlix, as some of them come with USBIO now, which is 64pin.

Haunted Museum 2
may be others

The board actually has a buck converter, that gets 5V from that 12V.
12V is input, 5V is output.
On the newer machines this 5V out from the board is/was used to power NESiCA reader.
Correct, I forgot they changed to 64pin to add the USB connection, etc..

Back