What's new

CharGP02A

Student
Reaction score
I was interested in buying the PCBs, I/Os, and what not for Theatrythm: Final Fantasy All-Star Carnival since I already have JAMMA cabinets I can use. Is it possible to run JAMMA to an X3 as the power and controls? My Jamma is the 6 button, 56 pin setup.

Theatrythm: Final Fantasy All-Star Carnival since I already have JAMMA cabinets
You're going to need really long fingers to try and play Theatrhythm with a standard panel.

To answer your initial question: there's a Fast-IO with a Jamma edge, so yes you can get X3 running on a JAMMA cab.

But no, you can't play Theatrhythm. It's 720p only, and requires a touchschreen.

there's a Fast-IO with a Jamma edge, so yes you can get X3 running on a JAMMA cab
ubIkxJE.jpg

You have to have a touchscreen to play the game? You can't just play with the buttons if you want? If I can't like you say, is there a 720p touchscreen that you'd recommend?

You have to have a touchscreen to play the game?
Yes, all menus are touchscreen only.
If I can't like you say, is there a 720p touchscreen that you'd recommend?
Troll YAJ for the screen out of one of these cabs. They pop up pretty regularly and hover around $100-150.
I take it that the touchscreen you're referencing supports VGA? Does it support other video or audio outputs? Also, do you happen to know the brand and model I should be looking up?

I take it that the touchscreen you're referencing supports VGA? Does it support other video or audio outputs? Also, do you happen to know the brand and model I should be looking up?
It's gonna end up being listed under one of those game names, so there's not much point in worrying about model number.

Arcade monitors don't support audio.

IIRC it's DVI.

It's gonna end up being listed under one of those game names, so there's not much point in worrying about model number.
Arcade monitors don't support audio.

IIRC it's DVI.
So I'd need to get a VGA adapter to use on the Fast I/o? When it comes to audio, what should I do about that?

So I'd need to get a VGA adapter to use on the Fast I/o?
No, that'd be silly. You'd just hook the X3 directly up to the monitor. You're only really using the Fast I/O for controls.
When it comes to audio, what should I do about that?
You'd need a small amp, same as if you were to run MAME or any other PC in your cabinet (the X3 is literally a PC anyway). Taking audio out of the aux jack on the back of the X3, into the amp, and out to your speakers.

There's a lot of work in putting a square peg in a round hole sometimes :)

You will only use the FastIO for controls, the monitor should be connected directly to the X3.

The VGA and RCA ports exist on the FastIO for owners of a JAMMA machine that can't accept video/audio by any other means than JAMMA edge (see also Capcom IO which dose the same for JVS based systems).

No, that'd be silly. You'd just hook the X3 directly up to the monitor. You're only really using the Fast I/O for controls.
When it comes to audio, what should I do about that?
You'd need a small amp, same as if you were to run MAME or any other PC in your cabinet (the X3 is literally a PC anyway). Taking audio out of the aux jack on the back of the X3, into the amp, and out to your speakers.
There's a lot of work in putting a square peg in a round hole sometimes :)
I found an auction for Theatrythm that has just the HDD and dongle, is that worth getting or should I wait and try to get the X3 with it?

I found an auction for Theatrythm that has just the HDD and dongle, is that worth getting or should I wait and try to get the X3 with it?
Drives are paired to the motherboard IIRC, so you'll need the trio of drive/motherboard/dongle to come from the same set.

There are some means to circumvent this, but most are not public, and I don't believe anyone's bothered with Theatrhythm.

If you have literally nothing, my advice is to wait until you see a parted cab. They come up fairly often (at least every 2-3 months) on YAJ as a set. Monitor, IO, card reader, X3 with drive and dongle, and sometimes the panel. It will save you a lot of work.
The VGA and RCA ports exist on the FastIO for owners of a JAMMA machine that can't accept video/audio by any other means than JAMMA edge (see also Capcom IO which dose the same for JVS based systems).
Bingo. Won't work here though as cabs that can't get video any other way aren't going to be able to take in 720p (without a ridiculous video chain) anyway.

Drives are paired to the motherboard IIRC, so you'll need the trio of drive/motherboard/dongle to come from the same set.
There are some means to circumvent this, but most are not public, and I don't believe anyone's bothered with Theatrhythm.

If you have literally nothing, my advice is to wait until you see a parted cab. They come up fairly often (at least every 2-3 months) on YAJ as a set. Monitor, IO, card reader, X3 with drive and dongle, and sometimes the panel. It will save you a lot of work.
I just remembered that my cabinet can only hold a 19" screen, that's going to be an issue, isn't it?

The same person also has the motherboard for sale too but not the panel or the X3

I just remembered that my cabinet can only hold a 19" screen, that's going to be an issue, isn't it?

The same person also has the motherboard for sale too but not the panel or the X3
Unless you plan to balance the monitor above the CP, I suppose?

You're better off at VERY LEAST waiting for an X3 with the game and dongle in one auction.

I can probably sell you all the stuff you are looking for

X3
Fast IO
Control Panel
Card reader

I can probably sell you all the stuff you are looking for

X3
Fast IO
Control Panel
Card reader
*gulps* how much including shipping to 15106?

Unless you plan to balance the monitor above the CP, I suppose?
You're better off at VERY LEAST waiting for an X3 with the game and dongle in one auction.
So I definitely have to have the stock monitor instead of another touchscreen one I can buy?

Its gonna cost a bit, the control panel with the X3 are a bit heavy, will probably have to ship separately.

This is the touchscreen Im using
img600x450-2.jpg

Attachments

• img600x450.jpg
    img600x450.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 125
Its gonna cost a bit, the control panel with the X3 are a bit heavy, will probably have to ship separately.

This is the touchscreen Im using
img600x450-2.jpg
Can you PM the amounts just so I can get a decent idea of where I need to go with this financially? Regarding the monitor, google search wasn't very kind to me. Maybe at the end of the day, I could be better off getting the machine wholesale.

Back