What's new

Cookie

Professional
Reaction score
Just wanted to make a thread to document the Atomiswave hardware pieces that were available for the system, we can also discuss the hardware here. I'll keep updating the info for the parts as we discuss what they were used for. I know a lot of this information is scattered around, it would be nice to have it all in one place.

It's not intended to be a super high level technical thread, just a general guide. However if you have any info you want to add or if you would like to correct anything that I have wrong, please feel free to comment and add to the discussion!

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS THREAD!

ATOMISWAVE MOTHERBOARD

motheboard.jpg

EXPANSION IO HARNESS

expansion-harness.jpg

COMMUNICATION CARTRIDGE
communication-cart.png

GUN SUB IO (used for connecting guns with the expansion IO)

gunsub-io.jpg

ALL NET COMMUNICATION IO (used with Extreme Hunting 2 only)
allnet-comms.jpg

4 PLAYER SPLITTER BOX (1 Atomiswave system, playing to 4 cabinets, Guilty Gear Isuka)
4playerjoiend.jpg

EXPORT CABINET (Basically everywhere except Japan. Had a driving and shooting control panel kit as well)
cabinetflyer.jpg

JAPANESE ATOMISWAVE SD CANDY CABINET (pretty sure there was no official 2 player Atomiswave branded panels for this cab)

atomiswavesd.jpg

NETSELECT TOUCHSCREEN STATION (Victory Furlong , Salaryman Kintaro. There was a dedicated art kit for this unit for Salaryman Kintaro as well as Victory Furlong)
netselect.jpg

ATOMISWAVE SYSTEM X DEV KIT (please click HERE to read about this devkit found in 2017)
devkit.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have/sold off a mb that had the 4P adapter with video/audio distribution. Pics should somewhere in the for sale section.

Cool, I am currently collecting Atomiswave stuff. I stupidly sold off my first set with all my Neo Geo collection and mini cab but I started over. I am at 15 games at the moment for this system and I just picked up a Victory Furlong cart and looking on info for it as well as the memory card slot on the sd and Netselect cabs. Like how does it work? What CN connector it uses on the expansion cart?, What games used it? and What do they look like?.

I just picked up a Victory Furlong cart and looking on info for it as well as the memory card slot on the sd and Netselect cabs. Like how does it work? What CN connector it uses on the expansion cart?, What games used it? and What do they look like?.
normally this game cab should include:
- AW motherboard
- game cartridge
- communication cartridge (BBA)
- touch screen, wired to DB9 modem connector
- card reader (Maxell ME-MA21 or ME-MR21), wired to CN3
- player card(s)
- internet connection to Sammy servers (dead by now)

as of "how does it work?" normally, you coin in game, insert new card, enter your data, your data will be sent to game servers and card data will be registered / assigned ID / etc, you playing the game.
all the game progress stored online, so, it is not possible to get full game experience these days. it is only possible to play game with no card, like demo mode or smth

Last edited:
Wow thanks. I fooled with it a few days ago with both my boards. The one with communication cart threw out error 2, no internet and my other threw error 1, no cartridge. I hooked it up to an elo Et1515, but the Atomiswave didn't recognize it in the bios but this monitor works with my evo. I have an old tatung touch from an another old megatouch that had that died with an older serial controller but I am too lazy to dig it out till the weekend.

Back