What's new

GamingDoyle

Student
Reaction score
So, I’m a huge dope. Just getting into this hobby and I bought a retroelectronik pro gamer supergun to use with my SFII CPS1 board. (I know, I know everyone says to get a HAS and I very much want to but you can’t even wait list currently)

Anyway, here’s where I’m a dope. I hooked up a kick harness to the supergun and wasn’t getting more than light kick. (No buttons 5 & 6). I took the cable apart and touched the ground and button wires like a mechanical switch in a cab would and Ryu obliged nicely. Thanks buddy.

Well, I bought a couple of these so I could use my existing DualShock 4s:
https://focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-ps3-ps4-to-neogeo-adapter/

Seems they are literally NeoGeo to PS4. As in 4 buttons. Ugh.

So my question is, what’s either a good controller or a good adapter/controller recommendation to use to go from the DB15 on the retroelectronik with all 6 buttons? I know retroelectronik sells various pad adapters for snes and such so guess I could just buy from them but figured I’d see what the nice folks of this community had for thoughts.

Thanks!

roll your own if you can. It's exactly what I did so I could use a DB15 stick with a supergun and still have it work for my SNK stuff

I used field terminatable DB15 ports for a six button setup and with the kick harness on my supergun I had less than zero issues

Otherwise if you dont want to build your own just grab any decent six button stick on the market and just wire new leads to the button / stick and go straight to the DB15 port. It'll work the same

Great video! Yeah I've wired a multicab before so everything was very familiar. I definitely will do this for fight sticks and get an adapter for pads. Love the cigar box idea, very cool looking.

Back