What's new

manicshere

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on here for quite a while. Even more so since I pulled the trigger on getting my first cab.
So this beauty showed up yesterday :love:

IMG_6836.JPG

As many of you know this is only the beginning and I've got a number of projects planned so far.
I'm focusing on HD-gaming and I'm trying to get PC and consoles hooked up.

This is what I've planned to far:
  • Vewlix Console I/O: Ordered this from @Arthrimus. Want to avoid doing custom wiring, trying to keep everything as original and reversible as possible.
  • Brook Universal Fighting Board: Since I'm getting this for PC and console. This board seemed like the right decision. Considering getting a second one, but haven't decided if I'm getting a 2-player panel yet. Status: Received these. Waiting for the console I/O to show up.
  • Step down transformer: EU-JA500
  • Custom sub panel: @jermz1 is doing some lovely work. Considering ordering one of his custom panels in the near future.
  • Silent fans: Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM. Status: Not installed yet.
  • 4K monitor: Not a high priority at the moment, but on the wish list. Haven't even had the chance to check the current screen out yet.
  • HDMI-Switch: I've seen a number of suggestions for this on the forums. This HDMI-switch peaked my interest, but is not in stock currently, so I'm open for suggestions.
Now, here's my question:
Besides all this, what am I missing?

Would r
eally appreciated your input ^^

Last edited:
When I was on this boat here is what I got tired off.. PC - windows updates, games updates and stream updates, all constantly.. consoles same stuff as windows plus updating the fighting board etc.. that really got to me because I just wanted to play the games as soon as I boot up. I left that setup.

what is working for me now - TTX2 Multi because I don’t have to deal with the above.. what I am looking forward to is the JVS Multi that Darksoft is working on or whatever it’s call.. I want one of those to put inside the cab Sega arcade systems so they can play alone side with the TTX2 system.

Thank you for your thoughts @SNK-NEO-GEO.

I understand what you're getting at, but I'm good with PC and consoles for now.
I'm definitely not ruling out the possibility of getting more into arcade hardware in the future ;)

You sure you got the right step-down? It says it’s for running euro appliances in Japan.

You're also not running anything that requires a step-down. The JVS PSU isn't used for anything you're running :P

You're also not running anything that requires a step-down. The JVS PSU isn't used for anything you're running :P
I think Denmark household voltage is 230v.
Ha, I was on mobile, didn't see the location.

That's going to make for a mess though, isn't it? The cab PSU will need 100v, but his consoles and PC are going to need 230v...

You sure you got the right step-down? It says it’s for running euro appliances in Japan.
Thanks for catching this! I actually managed to order the wrong product of their site X/
I've contacted them to see if they are able to update the order before shipping.

I think Denmark household voltage is 230v.
Ha, I was on mobile, didn't see the location.
That's going to make for a mess though, isn't it? The cab PSU will need 100v, but his consoles and PC are going to need 230v...
It might be a misunderstanding on my part, but what about the monitor? Other parts? Or is it only the PSU that is fickly with the incorrect voltage?
I'd like to have an option to run arcade hardware in this cab, sometime in the future. So it's not a wasted expense either way :)

The cab would basically be running on two power sources. One powers the "modern hardware", while the other powers the cab itself.

Is there a better/easier solution for this?

The cab has a power outlet inside and your systems (PC/Consoles) can run from there..you can connect the cab directly to a surge protector and you will be fine.

The cab has a power outlet inside and your systems (PC/Consoles) can run from there..you can connect the cab directly to a surge protector and you will be fine.
Ah yes. I see.
I’m only just learning about dual-voltage. Well then it’s fairly simple as you described.

Step down transformer: Ordered the Airlink JA-EU0500. Updated my order to fix this mistake. I'm getting the EU-JA500 instead.
I guess it's too late for you, but for anyone else in Europe, another option is to swap the internal 100VAC 12VDC PSU with a multivoltage one. This is what I do with all the Vewlixes that pass through my hands. The Mean Well LPS-75-12 is a drop in replacement. It's almost the same size (only slightly wider) and the connectors and pinout are the same:

vewlix_psus.jpg
(top original PSU, bottom Mean Well)

The only other thing that runs on AC is the monitor and that should already be 100-240V (although please double check this, since I don't own a Diamond).

If you ever want to install an original Wei-Ya JVS PSU, then the separate step down is definitely the better option.

I’m only just learning about dual-voltage. Well then it’s fairly simple as you described.
The only thing you have to watch out for is overloading your stepdown. 500W is enough for the cab and most arcade hardware, but if you ever want to plug in a monster PC, don't use the internal outlets.

Congrats on your first cab! Everything you described is almost exactly what I'm running, even down to the same Vewlix Diamond color. Only things I haven't done yet is upgrade the monitor and put in the 2 player panel I got. 2 player panel will probably be later since no one comes over due to covid and I do have the Universal Monitor Bracket but I'm just being picky on what monitor I want. These are the fans I put in my Vewlix and they look and sound nice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3T1KBE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• P_20200628_045952.jpg
    P_20200628_045952.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 156
I use the HD version of this to switch between two consoles with my Lindbergh cabinet. It doesn’t switch on the fly if both consoles are on but it’s still better than pulling USB and hdmi plugs in and out if you want to change between consoles or PCs. You just turn it on and select the input of the gaming platform you want and then turn on the gaming platform. I don’t know why but my audio out didn’t work but it should strip the audio from the hdmi so you can plug it into the sound board.

http://www.tesla-smart.com/Products?_l=en&product_id=208

As many of you know this is only the beginning and I've got a number of projects planned so far.
I'm also a new vewlix owner with almost the same objectives. I'll follow your progress here. Good luck ! :)
You said that this is your first cab but i can see another on the right on the picture... (detective 9uile :) )

Last edited:
Congrats on your first cab! Everything you described is almost exactly what I'm running, even down to the same Vewlix Diamond color. Only things I haven't done yet is upgrade the monitor and put in the 2 player panel I got. 2 player panel will probably be later since no one comes over due to covid and I do have the Universal Monitor Bracket but I'm just being picky on what monitor I want. These are the fans I put in my Vewlix and they look and sound nice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3T1KBE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Awesome! I can tell that you have great taste ^^
Keep me updated when you decide to upgrade. I'm keen on doing the same upgrades, but in no rush for the same reason to be honest.

Regarding fans I opted to go with the Noctua ones that have been recommended in a couple of other posts on here.
I use the HD version of this to switch between two consoles with my Lindbergh cabinet. It doesn’t switch on the fly if both consoles are on but it’s still better than pulling USB and hdmi plugs in and out if you want to change between consoles or PCs. You just turn it on and select the input of the gaming platform you want and then turn on the gaming platform. I don’t know why but my audio out didn’t work but it should strip the audio from the hdmi so you can plug it into the sound board.

http://www.tesla-smart.com/Products?_l=en&product_id=208
Yes. I'm looking to get something like this. Haven't looked if they are available in Europe, but I'm sure I'll find something similar, if not.
I technically already have a HDMI switcher, but it does not extract the audio, which is what a want to do.
Since it's not working for you, are you bypassing this all together and have found another solution to get audio from the connected console?
I'm also a new vewlix owner with almost the same objectives. I'll follow your progress here. Good luck ! :) You said that this is your first cab but i can see another on the right on the picture... (detective 9uile :) )
Progress is rather slow. Delivery on parts have been slowed down to a crawl do to COVID.
Hoping to getting the cab cleaned this weekend, which seems like it could be a large task in itself.

Good eye by the way ;)
That is my DIY Vewlix style cab. Took my ages to complete, but it's just not the same as the real deal!

Back