What's new

GoldenGlover

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently acquired a Red Earth Asia cart still working on battery & assuming to be NoCD (it doesn't seem recognize a spare Red Earth CD I have when in the CD drive) & a dilemma in trying to write encrypted Warzard roms to a spare CPS3 setup with a SuperBIOS cart & the NoCD utility disc provided to me with my SuperBIOS cart (thank you again Mitsurugi-w).

When I try to rewrite the encrypted Warzard/Red Earth roms to a fully populated CPS3 board, the SuperBIOS cart & NoCD utility ISO, I get a message saying I have an invalid CD ROM. This drive and CD work perfectly to rewrite any other game & my switcher's voltage is spot on at 5.0V. I’ve even used the same drive & NoCD utility disc to rewrite encrypted Third Strike to a separate CPS3 setup I have & it works flawlessly with my battery 3rd Strike Asia cart.

To make sure the disc I’m using isn’t wonky, I re-downloaded the ISO for the NoCD utility disc & slow burned the ISO to a new CDR. The newly burned disc is still giving me the same "you have inserted an invalid cd rom" message when trying to rewrite Warzard. This is very strange to me because I was able to separately write the 32 MB SIMM for Warzard cart in simm bank #7 with a spare 32 MB SIMM I had using this ISO.

I'm beginning to think the NoCD utility disc might not be set up properly to rewrite encrypted Warzard/Red Earth roms. I know this isn't a common request, but has anyone ever attempted to rewrite encrypted Warzard with the NoCD utility disc? I am super eager to put my working Red Earth Asia cart to work! I feel like I'm so close...

I know it'd be easier to just write Red Earth to the spare setup with the custom CD but I really want to run the original cart I have to see how it plays out. Can anyone offer any advice on what else I could do?

Last edited:
I can try to mess around with it when I have time, but right now I'm moving all my stuff out of storage. And then I will need to get it sorted and set up.

Where are you located? Maybe you could mail me your simms and I could write them for you? I have a JP warzard. the cart you use to write to the simms doesn't have to be the same region as the one you play with.

That would be awesome of you, thanks! Nice to see someone helping keep these OG.

I’m on the east coast & could definitely mail you the 4 SIMMS you’d need for a rewrite. Will send you a PM.

Back