What's new

ThisGuy

Professional
Reaction score
I put my F3 multi back in my cab today after being on a shelf for about a month and now I have graphical issues on all games on multi. I tried a few normal carts and they work fine without any issues so I am assuming it is the multi board and not main motherboard. I checked voltages and it’s fine. I also tried pressing lightly on random spots on mutli board in hopes that graphic issue fixes but nothing changed. I also reformatted sd card and wrote all games back to card and tried in a blast city and Astro city cab. All with no luck.
I’m kinda at a loss as to what else to try before I need to have it repaired. Anyone have any other ideas of what I can try or know anyone near NY that can repair this if all else fails?

3C97F538-2D02-4F8B-81B3-9F1941653D0D.jpeg

Attachments

• 207A8BC8-3704-469B-B9C6-B96BEE93E63B.jpeg
    207A8BC8-3704-469B-B9C6-B96BEE93E63B.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 51044E87-EFE7-43CD-8ADF-3F9B312D16C2.jpeg
    51044E87-EFE7-43CD-8ADF-3F9B312D16C2.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 154
Does this multi have a way to test flashes like the CPS2 multi?

Yes, same way. Copy the same folders 01010101 and 10101010 from CPS2 and write that game

You can see if it gives you an OK or ERRROR when writing those 2 sets.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try to flash 01010101 and 10101010 tomorrow and report back how it went.

I downloaded both folders to test from here. Both passed and said “All done: Have fun!” then showed “Now playing:” along with each folder number and started showing garbled text and kept rebooting. I’m assuming that is normal behavior since it’s not really a game to be played. I then tried loading another game and was met with same result as before as seen in pic below
Is there anything else you guys recommend I check on this?

AED5D95B-81DE-46E6-B938-CACB74EA796E.jpeg

Definitely that means that the cart is mostly OK. I can only think of some buffers in the sprite bus gone broken.

Definitely that means that the cart is mostly OK. I can only think of some buffers in the sprite bus gone broken.
“Mostly ok” sounds hopeful. Is troubleshooting this something easy to do? Or do you have a recommendation place to send for service?

“Mostly ok” sounds hopeful. Is troubleshooting this something easy to do? Or do you have a recommendation place to send for service?
Please try your original game who came with the F3 motherboard and see if work .

I reccomend everyone to talk with @Hammy ! If he have time , for sure you will have a working board ! but now you can reach much easier to Mitsu since you are both in USA

This is what happened to my F3 motherboard

This is after Hammy's touch

I tried a few original carts and they work fine. The issue only appears when using the multi board

Spent a little more time looking at this today and notice something I didn’t see before. When I touch the chip at U9 the garbled graphics change up a bit. It does not fix it or make it look right but it’s the only place on the board that changes any graphics output when touched lightly. I see nothing that looks wrong with anything around area though. It all looks clean to me. Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction to have this working again.

You can try reworking this chip and the buffers that go with it. Just track to which 4245LV the data and address pins go and replace it.

I sent the board to a guy local to me to take a look. He reflowed chip at U9 which made an improvement but did not fix. Any recommendations on where to go next from here?
4CCB4EB6-D22E-4D09-B55C-810BAB9E876E.jpeg
A78E213B-43DB-4AA3-81FB-4B42CBF88159.jpeg

The guy I sent the board to for repair isn’t sure what to do anymore after reflowing the chip at U9. It helped some but did not fix

Just track to which 4245LV the data and address pins go and replace it.
Is it possible you can tell which 4245LV it is so I may tell him which one to try to replace? If not may I send it to you for repair?

thank you

Is anyone willing to help me out and take a look at this board for me. I’m still looking to have this repaired and finding it hard to find someone. USA is preferable but not necessary
thanks

Back