What's new

Wraith

Professional
Reaction score
Finally got around to opening up my cps2 multi that I got awhile back, wanted to see if it had the key writing wires.

Looks like it doesn't and it's been hot glued to shit.

Will I be able to install the key writing wires with this mess?

Any help appreciated

IMG_8576.JPG
IMG_8578.JPG
IMG_8580.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8577.JPG
    IMG_8577.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_8579.JPG
    IMG_8579.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 147
More pics
C83C84BA-E38B-47B0-9018-DE29C60E7ECF.jpeg

Attachments

• 8D7BCA3A-D006-4694-AB32-BABB4DDA3D4D.jpeg
    8D7BCA3A-D006-4694-AB32-BABB4DDA3D4D.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 113
It looks like the solder points for the key writing wires are still accessible.

Ok so what is the blue wire currently installed on CN9?

Ok so what is the blue wire currently installed on CN9?
Thats your reset line. If you are updating the firmware on the multi to the latest with keywriting you need to remove that blue wire and install your keywriting wires after updating the firmware.

Also, just use alcohol and you should be able to remove the hot glue pretty easy.

If you dont want to bother with buying the programmer for this, you could just send it to @Mitsurugi-w to update and install the keywriting wires.

I just looked up how to update the firmware. Looks like a nightmare. So basically I’d need to send this thing to mitsurugi ?

I just looked up how to update the firmware. Looks like a nightmare. So basically I’d need to send this thing to mitsurugi ?
I would, dont understand why that person used all that hotglue unless they messed up something and they have the hotglue holding things together. I have had properly installed kits shipped from japan, europe and never had an issue with them not working, not hot glue either. Plus Mitsu is kinda close to ya, so shipping would not be bad, pretty quick.

Thanks guys. I’ll think about whether encrypted roms is really important enough to me to risk it

Last edited:
Hot glue is super easy to remove by simply applying isopropyl alcohol and letting it sit for a bit. After that it'll lift off with ease.

Hot glue is super easy to remove by simply applying isopropyl alcohol and letting it sit for a bit. After that it'll lift off with ease.
I would remove all that hot glue, put in the wires and dont glue it back together - it should not be necessary.

Back