What's new
I just set the brightness, contrast, cutoff and gain pots at default, load up a test menu or anything with a black background, and turn up the screen pot so that the text (or whatever is on screen) pops out, but the background still stays black. Then fine tune all the other pots from there.

I tried this in one of my 13” arcade monitors to adjust the colors and it is not as easy as it sounds.. I would suggest trying on something else first..At the end of the day, don’t look for perfection.. I ended up making the colors worse.. that was my end result..I am sure that you will have positive outcome but I would not mess with it. The cute monitor looked beautiful as it was..

Yeah, I’m not going to mess with the colors, just the brightness.

I turned down the screen pot on the flyback when troubleshooting the buzzing so I want to make sure I’m putting back to “normal”.

I tried this in one of my 13” arcade monitors to adjust the colors and it is not as easy as it sounds..
It's not hard either. I think the one thing that can catch you off guard is that the default setting isn't necessarily the middle position of the pot. For instance on some Nanao chassis the cut off / bias pots only need a slight turn. If you turn them to the middle position you'll never get a decent looking picture. Same might go for something like sub contrast.

On MS8s if you adjust a gain you will offset the corresponding bias, and vice versa.

But play enough with all of them and you'll figure it out.

Additionally the defaults aren't the same for everyone, especially if the capacitors have not been replaced. On my MS9 the cutoffs line up exactly with what nem stated, right around 9 o clock Just a slight click.

Here are two similar but different methodologies I use for calibrating. I got a better picture with the arcadeotaku method.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_Correctly_Set_Up_Monitor_Colours_and_Brightness
http://www.emphatic.se/?p=710

The MS8 will be harder to calibrate than say a MS9 like Nem said due to the gain affecting bias.

My biggest problems were the gains and voltage adjustments because it changes the colors, then my own eyes site began to mess with me..all colors began to look the same. That’s when I knew that I needed to walk away:)

Back