There's a loud buzzing sound coming from the yoke of my CRT. I thought it was coming from the flyback and so I took this video. Here's what I've noticed so far:
- At startup, there's what I would call "normal" buzzing coming from the CRT—barely audible with the cabinet closed up even with volume of game off.
- After 15-30 seconds, the volume of the buzzing goes up and is very noticeable—see video.
- The loud buzzing goes down after about 10 minutes or so back to normal CRT sound.
- Sometimes, the volume of the buzzing does not go back down to normal.
- The volume of the buzzing goes up and down as I press the yoke against the tube.
- The convergence, focus, etc. all seem fine during gameplay.
- Is the loud buzzing normal for a 30-year old CRT?
- If not, is there a fix?
- If not normal, does leaving the buzzing result in damage in the long run? (The buzzing doesn't really bother me especially knowing it goes away most of the time and doesn't affect image quality.)