What's new

kardus

Student
Reaction score
So I just got my card back today. When I click on the rewrite game menu, it seems to skip the menu where you choose each game and goes straight into loading new generation. Any idea what's up?

Hmm..seems to be working now after a reflash. Disregard

Make sure you use the Darksoft menu by holding start while booting the pcb.

hi, i don't know if i can ask here...
Well, i bought a setup mobo cps3+3.3 darksoft and i realize it's a b version 990608
I would like to use the a version 990512 but i don't know what darksoft i have(multi or superbios/custom/standard)
Can you tell me what i need to do step by step ?
Thx!

hi, i don't know if i can ask here...
Well, i bought a setup mobo cps3+3.3 darksoft and i realize it's a b version 990608
I would like to use the a version 990512 but i don't know what darksoft i have(multi or superbios/custom/standard)
Can you tell me what i need to do step by step ?
Thx!
  • Did you buy the reproduction cart from Darksoft? If so, you need the standard CD.
  • Did you have your cart modded with the Darksoft SuperBIOS? If not you need to.
  • If you did have your cart modded with the Darksoft SuperBIOS, then which service did you select? The lower cost service? If so, you need the Custom CD (in most cases)
  • If you paid over $100 USD for your CPS3 cart to be modded, likely it has the the custom Capcom chip removed and has a standard chip. If so, you need the standard CD.
Additionally, you will need enough SIMMS on your CPS3 board to run the Darksoft BIOS. So to help you further:

1. Tell us what the status is of your CPS3 cart. Did you buy the repro from Darksoft? Did you have it modified? Where did you buy it?
  2. How many SIMMS do you have on your board? In order for you to run the Darksoft BIOS and play the games, you must have the same SIMM configuration for Street Fighter 3 - Third Strike. Details for that here.

If you aren't sure what version of the SuperBIOS you have then crack the cart open and see what you have in there.

i didn't know what version of superbios i have, when i bought(France) the cps3+3.3 (it's a 2nd imapct cart) it was already modified but by who ? i don't know. I have all the sims for play 3rd strike. But sometimes i have graphic bug and it's a b version.
I think it's better to send at mitsu or dark for modification with the last firmware(no multi bios cause i only play 3.3)

You would have to get a SuperBIOS if you want it modified by us. There is no way to revive it just to 3.3

If you are just having graphics issues then the cart isn't the problem. Most likely your simms are dirty/failing or you just need to rewrite the game.

Hi, I receive my cartridge(2nd impact) modified custom sh2 and I would like to turn in 3.3. So in the beginning push start and i'm in the darksoft menu. I push rewrite a game and choose 33 Rev a(with a bug, I mean I need to up and down several times cause it's make sometimes double up or double down)
I confirm and I have this message
" there is not enough memory installed on the pcb. Turn off power, and install more memory before restarting."
The problem is I already have 2x64 and 4x128
So I clean the Sims and sockets but I have the same message.
I try to memory check but I don't know how do this.sytem button don't work anymore, before the modification i can enter in the menu cps3 but not now.
What I need to do ?
Thx

Last edited:
Reenter the Darksoft menu and select the flash memory option. You can see which simm is not detected.

done : with write test
simm1 NG
simm2 NG
simm3 Fujitsu 0sec
simm4 Fujitsu 0sec
simm5 Fujitsu 0sec
simm6 Fujitsu NG
simm7

I will clean again...hope they are not dead...i don't have money for this now...:(

Ps: thx again!!!!

I have exactly the same pb as mymoza

Mymoza said:
done : with write test
simm1 NG
simm2 NG
simm3 Fujitsu 0sec
simm4 Fujitsu 0sec
simm5 Fujitsu 0sec
simm6 Fujitsu NG
simm7
can you please explain precisely what you did ?
I read

mitsurugi-w said:
Also make sure the the cart is very clean.
is it only this ?

is it only this ?
The CPS3 cart is very temperamental in this way yes.
Just gently bumping mine (sometimes happens when putting inside the cab) will often times make the board boot up to garbage (aka looks fucked).
When that happens the only way to correct it is to fully remove and reinsert the cart, sometimes more than once until it works again (remember NES). :P

Back