What's new

Hisoka89

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys ,i want to know please if this crime fighters/vendetta jap version pcb is original with no conversion or repair on eproms, and if all stickers/eprom on it are original.

Attachments

• cf1.jpg
    cf1.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 243
  • cf2.jpg
    cf2.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 115
It looks Original to me. It's Crime Fighters 2 aka Vendetta.

What makes you think it isn't?

The eprom/sticker on the red circle looks like it was changed or not original, or i am wrong ?

The pins on the blue circle are like if ot was repaired no ?

Also in your opinion what is the condition of this board according to you ?

Attachments

• 20201015_223011.jpg
    20201015_223011.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 117
It is an original board, but it looks like there was some work done on it. The label on that eprom is definitely not original. They might had to have replaced a faulty eprom before.

Mine looks like this, though a little faded out:
61493D8A-B99D-40ED-B49E-CFA5CF87EB98.jpeg

Also the pots in the audio section are not original too. They’re supposed to be the can looking pots like this:
4D8D35FC-0BF8-44B2-AC85-F835B422B8FA.jpeg

So there definitely some repairs done.

So it looks like an original PCB, however probably not originally Japanese. Some people prefer the uncensored Japanese version. Some people think Japanese PCBs are more valuable.

That is all for you to decide, but I would say I would not pay "Japanese PCB" prices for a board that does not have original Japanese EPROM stickers.

if your thinking original roms/stickers make it valuable, just remember that the lifespan of konami maskroms is not great.

in a few years it will be a case of "original" or "working" but not both.

I'd say the pots are original. The same Konami board sometimes use one type or another.

if your thinking original roms/stickers make it valuable, just remember that the lifespan of konami maskroms is not great.

in a few years it will be a case of "original" or "working" but not both.
I totally agree but the thing is, as XtraSmiley said, why to pay Japanese PCB prices for a board that does not have original Japanese EPROM stickers.

I'd say the pots are original. The same Konami board sometimes use one type or another.
How to be sure ?

look at the soldering on the pots,
you will know if they have been changed.

Notice that far right EPROM sticker? It looks very new and clean compared to the other two...

Also, it doesn't look factory cut.

Finally, the sound chip has not been recapped (it seems from this one picture), so make sure you take care of that ASAP if you buy this board, it is probably already leaking!

one sticker has been lifted and re-applied, the other is a copy.
also the eprom has taken a beating!

Back