What's new
Here's my Yellow CPS2 Multi!

5CyrzVj.jpg

That is fucking fire right there. Sick.

While this is showing me running SF2:CE in there, right now as I type this my CPS2 multi is in there running HSF2. This is my first, and currently, only cabinet. Went from this:

To this!:

That cab looks brand new:)
Many thanks. :) That was my intention was to make it look like it just came from the factory. I even have the FBI Warning sticker on the back, and the various other stickers that I could reproduce myself. Etienne over at KLOV is producing foil backed stickers, so I have a request in there to get the Dynamo sticker that goes in the upper right of the kick-plate panel.

Now that I have it situated where I want it, I've just been going and tidying up loose bits. Shaved the marquee plexi back a little bit so I could get the side channels on to "frame" the marquee a bit better. Also have a new CPO coming since the one on there has too many bubbles and kinks for my taste, and is a little deformed. I'm going to user a hammer and some steel to straighten it out and remove the deformaties, then put the new CPO on.

Sounds great.. Once you are done ship it to me:).. Now you need a vertical cab just like that one and you will be set:)

While this is showing me running SF2:CE in there, right now as I type this my CPS2 multi is in there running HSF2. This is my first, and currently, only cabinet. Went from this:

To this!:
you need to upgrade those $2 into $100bills

Haha. Good eye. Picked those up a while ago. $100 or so for an uncut sheet of two dollar bills. They actually don't make uncut sheets of $100's that large.

dude thats fuggin awesome. I'd trade my restored HS5 for a Astro City any day, even if I did squeeze a 27" monitor into the HS5

Awesome! Makes me jealous because my monitor bit the dust in my cab so mine's out of commission for a while. (it got really humid here recently, and I had just shimmied my cab back against the wall a little bit, and when i turned on my cab for the first time in a week or so, there was the smell of melting/burning plastic and no image. Isolation Transformer started smoking due to a short forming somewhere on my monitor). i've got to figure out exactly what went on this monitor while the chassis is out of the back since it's impossible to work on it while it's in the cabinet. Arrrrgggghhhh..

Just getting my control panel re-assembled, only to find the corners of my artwork aren't going to fit correctly. :(

Given that I designed that 8 years ago, I don't think I have the source files anymore to fix it.

https://imgur.com/a/UJ1ac

My setup, no cab for me :/

DSC05210800.jpg
I really like how everything is self-contained there, and I'm keen to do something similar with my Darksoft setup. One thing I noticed though, is that the ribbon mounting is taller than the up/down/enter buttons. How can I address this to make the LCD unit fit like you did here? Does it involve soldering the ribbon points? Or is there a way to make the existing ribbon fit?

My setup, no cab for me :/

DSC05210800.jpg
I really like how everything is self-contained there, and I'm keen to do something similar with my Darksoft setup. One thing I noticed though, is that the ribbon mounting is taller than the up/down/enter buttons. How can I address this to make the LCD unit fit like you did here? Does it involve soldering the ribbon points? Or is there a way to make the existing ribbon fit?
I guess if you are going to fix the screen to the case, there is not much point in it still using the original connector. I bet gojira54 removed the connector and soldered the points to it. You still can remove it from the multikit, though.

I'm planning on doing something similar to my CPS 2 Multi setup soon. My plan is to desolder the female ribbon connector off of the front of the LCD and resolder it onto the back. I'll post pics once I get it done.

Someday, I hope to find a 2L12B control panel. Street Fighter is painful without kick buttons. Oh well, at least the Neo Geo button wiring is perfect for the Dungeons & Dragons games.
neo cps2.JPG

Back