Pinned How To Use GD-EMU Rhea and Phoebe (Card Selection, Formatting, and formatting Images)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• falc0n wrote:

I seem to be following the instructions to a T and yet nothing runs when I boot it up or I get a “not a Saturn game” on the RMENU.
      Improper conversion to CDI format is to blame for most of these issues.

As I've mentioned before, the only sure fire way I can get a working conversion is to burn it (with IMGBurn) and re-rip it (with Discjuggler).
      This shouldn't be necessary, we have tons of disc image tools available today... But the fact remains, and I've done tons of them now (aka I should know).

Daemon tools appears to corrupt the mounted images, this isn't true of other disc based formats like PCEngine/Play Station (for example) but Saturn for the most part won't work.
      Darksoft: CPS3, ST-V, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]

The post was edited 2 times, last by jassin000 ().

• jassin000 wrote:

Daemon tools appears to corrupt the mounted images, this isn't true of other disc based formats like PCEngine/Play Station (for example) but Saturn for the most part won't work.
      I cant confirm this. I mount all my Images with Deamon Tool and than convert it with DiscJuggler to cdi Files.
      Every Saturn game i downloaded works this way. (100 + games)

-------

I have a question about the Rhea Chip I recently installed in my PAL Saturn.
      My goal is to play all games in 60 HZ. In order to do that, i have to make the „frequency selector Mod“, discriped on this site:
      gdemu.wordpress.com/installation/rhea-installation/

„you must first make a connection on the back of Rhea PCB to select the default frequency for your console.“

My question is, could I just make the connection for 60 Hz and ignore the other part (lifting PIN etc.) ?

Would my PAL Saturn than automaticcaly boot in 60 HZ?
      Could I than force my PAL Isos to start in 60 HZ?

I just want to skip that Pin lifting Part because i little to none experience in soldering.
    • I would say just buy a NTSC Saturn, and move the Rhea to that console.
      Reason being PAL Saturn only outputs dirty Composite Video... Its worthless for scalers/the modern age.

What you want is true/pure composite sync (only USA/JPN consoles output that)!
      Sure you can strip composite video to gain composite sync, but that will cause problems with our beloved OSSC.

Long story short... Toss that PAL Saturn in the trash can (where it belongs). ;)

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]
    • lol.. I know that PAL sucks but what you are saying don't match - again - my experiences.

My PAL RGB cable is a custom-made with a LM 1881 Circuit that strips c-sync out of C-Video, like you said.

There is no problem at all with my OSSC. The picture is just fine. Im using it with a 37 Inch Hitachi CMP Plasma.
      I just have that stupid bars in the Picture in the most games, witch are going on my nerves.

• My first Saturn SCART cable used that same configuration (LM1881 to strip C-video).
      I would get noise lines in my image with the OSSC, xRGB Mini was fine with it tho.

Based on some of the other LM1881 issues I've seen (like Genesis) I just assumed the OSSC don't like strippers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by jassin000 ().

• Hmm.. the first Scart cable I used didn’t work either (a cheap 10 Euro cable. The Picture was all yellow).
      It was a RGB/+5V/GND/Audio L/R / Sync on C-Sync. Firmware 0.74 with DVI-Audio. Don't know what the problem was.

I think there are a lot of different RGB Scart cables out there with different qualities. Not everyone seems to be made for the OSSC.
      But my cable works really fine. ;)