What's new
Tell you what, when this “multi” drops there’s going to be a huge need for reflashed carts, and a bunch of SIMMS and SCSI2SD up for grabs!

I agree with @jassin000 — the enjoyment level of CPS-3 will increase when game switching times decrease :)

what's the new name for this?

Darksoft CPS-3 Multi BIOS Pro?

8o :D

When can I try these out?
Very soon, my friend. This is more complicated than expected and requires a big rework of the BIOS code, so that the SIMMS can be identified and operated.
Cant wait :thumbsup:

What do you think the price range is gonna be for these? Ofcourse 6 are needed so I guess these will be sold as kits?

Agree, first offers should be in kit form, simms, repro cart, etc. basically just add a motherboard and you are ready to play. Super excited for this. @Darksoft sign me up for a kit please :thumbsup:

Code suggestion from someone who does not know how coding work or if there is much room left. Is it possible to make make it a no cd setup but enable the cd function with a button combo?
Why would you need to enable the CD function at all? All of the games are already on the SIMMs.

Hoping for an on screen display to choose game on boot :)

How are the games loaded on the SIMMs? Is there a one time CD write or is there a connection on each of them.

You will need the drive or the scsi adapter in order to program the simms. Because, they don't provide the games in any project.

Code suggestion from someone who does not know how coding work or if there is much room left. Is it possible to make make it a no cd setup but enable the cd function with a button combo?
Why would you need to enable the CD function at all? All of the games are already on the SIMMs.
For those with existing system and can flash their own carts and possible rom hacks like the 3S colorization. Then again people like me will probably keep their old sim for such a thing. It was just something that pop in my head at the time

Hoping for an on screen display to choose game on boot :)
I was assuming from the pic that the red boxes were for setting dip switches. For only 6 games that seems reasonable enough to me.

Well this is fantastic development! 45 minute flash times was really annoying.

I was assuming from the pic that the red boxes were for setting dip switches. For only 6 games that seems reasonable enough to me.
We've got a winner. It's actually 8 games ;) and it works very well. I have to fine tune the BIOS still. Right now I have to write the files to the SIMM from the Menu and one by one, which is a PITA.

We've got a winner. It's actually 8 games ;) and it works very well. I have to fine tune the BIOS still. Right now I have to write the files to the SIMM from the Menu and one by one, which is a PITA.
Awesome!!! Will you have pads or pins in case someone wants to adapt a selector? Not sure how feasible that would be though being that 6 sets of dip switches need to be controlled, but then again should be doable.

Back