What's new
SO how does it work?
does it eliminate the need for CDs? Simms? Carts?

SO how does it work?
does it eliminate the need for CDs? Simms? Carts?
These are replacement simms, with 8x the capacity of regular simm counterpart so thus you 8 slots for game data.

They will function like regular simms, but allow to write up to 8 games and switch between them via dip switches, so more rewrititng and waiting 45 minutes to play another game. Games would already be flashed and ready to play, so no cd or scsis2sd would be needed. You would still need a either a repro or flashed cart as you do now.

If you dont have any simms, how many of these would you need?

so 4 - 128mb
2 - 64mb
1 - of these new simms?

So these new simms come in different sizes too? should i tell my friend to get whole set of repro sims or this?

My friend just got a CPS3 mobo but has no cd, no cart, no simms.
i am trying to make a list of things he needs to get Darksoft multi up and running

1. CPS3 mobo
2. Repro Cart
3. Whole set of sims ?

So these new simms come in different sizes too? should i tell my friend to get whole set of repro sims or this?

My friend just got a CPS3 mobo but has no cd, no cart, no simms.
i am trying to make a list of things he needs to get Darksoft multi up and running

1. CPS3 mobo
2. Repro Cart
3. Whole set of sims ?
He can get these or wait for these to go on sale and buy simms from people upgrading if he doesnt care about waiting 45 mins to write a new game to the simms.

The simms requirement to play all the games on the cps3 are 4x 128mb and 2 64mb simms, so he can get original simms, repro simms, or these new 8x mega simms :D

Plus he will need a repro cart flash or original flashed cart. It depends the way you want to arrange your setup.

Great! thank you. So i suppose when these come out and people start upgrading simms should be much cheaper!
also he doesnt want to use cd or sd2scsi , so i thought these mega simms are a good way to go.

so for right now, he def will buy a repro/flashed cart!
and wait for the simms :) hope to get cheaper!

you need 6 new SIMMs with 8x capacity each.
What is the writing process like? Do we need to burn to disc and then load the game?

If we have a SuperBIOS cart already, will that work with these SIMMs or will we need to get the cart reflashed?

I'm in for sure.
I hope there will be an option to have a deported dipswitch selector.

What is the writing process like? Do we need to burn to disc and then load the game?
As usual, you are making all the right questions :thumbup:

You can either burn a new CD and write the contents from that CD into the Simms. Take into account that the writing process via the BIOS is still the same, a bit faster, but not much. So for each game it will take 45 minutes and there are 8...... so 6 hours in total. Good news is that you only do it once and call it a day.

I have been working already a lot of hours on getting the new BIOS done. Right now, you can write individual files to the simm using the BIOS section called FILES & DISK.
Doing it, using the normal usual way where you write a new game from the BIOS or just insert a new CD, doesnt work 100% yet. All previous bugs like joystick moving too fast in the game selection menu, etc. are all fixed as well.

The other option that I'm evaluating is to sell also the small CPS3 New simm <-> TL86 adapter that I use for my tests, available for the people. With this adapter, it takes 1.5 minutes to write one simm, so in total you can have all 6 simms written in 9 minutes (as oppossed to 6 hours). I'm thinking of offering the first batch ONLY with this tiny programmer PCB + new set of 6 simms until the BIOS is 100% ready. Price should be around 500 USD for everything. When I feel that the new BIOS is 100% then I will offer the option to buy without adapter. That will make it only 50 USD cheaper, not more. What do you guys think?
If we have a SuperBIOS cart already, will that work with these SIMMs or will we need to get the cart reflashed?
You need a new BIOS. The existing one doesnt even recognize the new simms. A lot of work has been done to make the BIOS support new flashes from 2020.

The other option that I'm evaluating is to sell also the small CPS3 New simm <-> TL86 adapter that I use for my tests, available for the people. With this adapter, it takes 1.5 minutes to write one simm, so in total you can have all 6 simms written in 9 minutes (as oppossed to 6 hours). I'm thinking of offering the first batch ONLY with this tiny programmer PCB + new set of 6 simms until the BIOS is 100% ready. Price should be around 500 USD for everything. When I feel that the new BIOS is 100% then I will offer the option to buy without adapter. That will make it only 50 USD cheaper, not more. What do you guys think?
ok for this, now, can you ship today? :)

Back