What's new
It's actually 8 games
Hmm. So I can see the 4th Strike hack being one, but not sure what the other would be ...

I'm excited, whenever it's ready I'm in. It's just too much work to load the other games for an evening, but a quick switch means I'll take advantage of the multi for real finally instead of it just being a no-battery Third Strike board.

Hmm. So I can see the 4th Strike hack being one, but not sure what the other would be ...
You decide!
Gotcha, so I'm guessing 3 dip switches per chip, for a total of 8 combinations.

cps3-dips.png

• red earth/warzard
  • New generation
  • Second impact
  • Third strike (untouched original ver)
  • Jojo 1
  • Jojo HFTF
  • 4th Strike
  • Probably the "alternate" 3S with Makoto fix?
That would probably solve some of the issues with JP players/locations needing a specific "hidden" fixed version of 3S, but also let them have all of the other games at the same time. Only other thing I could imagine taking an extra slot is that hack that I heard someone was working on regarding importing the 2nd impact music and backgrounds to third strike, but I haven't heard anything about that in a hot minute.

An extra slot that's easy to load would be perfect for Third Strike palette hacking.

3rd stike has A and B versions.... Version A is a MUST for tournament players....

B version of course because its a capcom update.

i agree a we could upload our own pallete version that would be cool

explain what the difference is in 4th strike

explain what the difference is in 4th strike
4th strike is basically a giant rebalancing of Third strike with some super moves changed outright; different animations altogether etc. It also let's you play with gil and such, though tbh, its really only neat for a minute or two if you already know the ins and outs of 3S already, otherwise you wouldn't really notice or care about the differences. In the same token, if you DO know the ins and outs of 3S...you probably just wanna keep playing regular 3S anyway lol.

Maybe its a stretch, but third strike is like Mario 3, and 4th strike is like Mario world. Mario world may add more stuff, feel a little different, etc, but there's still a lot of people that just prefer Mario 3 since its still great by itself.

IMO it's cool to have the 4th Strike but if I have to choose I prefer to have the A and B version of 3rd Strike as B version is an official update.
Hack version can be cool but I prefer the original versions no matter what the game is

Sounds like you can put whatever you like in the slots, which is awesome.

I'd probably rather leave one blank rather than bother with the B version, it offers nothing, but if you're a completionist why not?

8 slots?
of course all the CPS3 roms ( 6 slots)
1 slot for Pallate mod rom
1 slot still free

of course all the CPS3 roms ( 6 slots)
Well we have that awesome backport of the fixed up 3rd Strike A version ripped from the anniversary collection.
Then we have fan made 4th Strike project (its cheap as hell, but fun for a few laughs).
Palette swaps, and B version swaps...

I recently picked up a superbios with the intent to buys sims and board this fiscal year. This is a very exciting development.

Is the recent superbios a paperweight if used with this new project? Can it be flashed? If it can be flashed, those without any tech capacity (e.g., me) have an option for it to be serviced?

Thanks!

So on the new setup, is the idea that before power-up you set the switches on the DIMMs and then you still have to go into the game list menu to choose the game that matches the switch settings on the DIMMs? Or can the BIOS just go out and check what the DIMMs are set for and auto boot? Maybe only show the game menu in the event that the DIMMs do not all have the same setting?
-ud

and then you still have to go into the game list menu to choose the game that matches the switch settings on the DIMMs?
No. Why would you need that?

Or can the BIOS just go out and check what the DIMMs are set for and auto boot?
The CPS3 will just boot whatever the dip switches tell it to.

So you set all dip switches the same in each dimm to specify which slot/game to boot, correct!? And the new bios just boots that game all the time until you change it, you just have to pick the region you want at boot up as you do now.

Back