What's new
You think so? If someone is coming into this with nothing, why buy that stuff now? Or do you mean there are people who are running legit games that would want it?
For sure there is a demand on Simms in order to run the SuperBios or enlarge your setup.

Damn, I love the idea of this, but is saving those 40min worth that $450? This one's steep!
For sure it is. 40 min everytime that you change a game? Trust me, changing a dipswitch and having inmediately another CPS3 game feels better than sex. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the cart has to be reflashed with a new version in order to work. right?

420.jpg

@Aurich I'm pretty much in your situation as well. Main purpose of my entire setup is to entertain guests. In the interim while it's not possible for me to do so, I've been tinkering here and there, trying to "perfect" the game room if that makes sense. But once we do get going again and I resume hosting IRL? I want to make sure everything is easy to load and utilize, arcade hardware and consoles alike. This type of upgrade is worthwhile to me for those reasons.

@Aurich I'm pretty much in your situation as well. Main purpose of my entire setup is to entertain guests. In the interim while it's not possible for me to do so, I've been tinkering here and there, trying to "perfect" the game room if that makes sense. But once we do get going again and I resume hosting IRL? I want to make sure everything is easy to load and utilize, arcade hardware and consoles alike. This type of upgrade is worthwhile to me for those reasons.
Yup, you get it.

Not everyone hosts for their arcade stuff. Plenty of more 'private' collectors who just enjoy having multi access to everything. If you want to flash your CPS3 to a new game every few weeks/months just for yourself it's not a big deal. If you're trying to be able to load games 'on demand' depending on the crowd that night it's different.

I'm just glad the option exists now! Price is what it is. I see the value in the power of the system, and I see the value in the work that goes into making this stuff.

Have tested the SIMMS & DIP switch selector with @hursit case as well as the Jasen's Customs plexi case and both have nice clearances for everything.

Cable for the DIP comes out nicely at the cartridge slot on both cases. No need to alter the case or purchase new cases.

Have tested the SIMMS & DIP switch selector with @hursit case as well as the Jasen's Customs plexi case and both have nice clearances for everything.

Cable for the DIP comes out nicely at the cartridge slot on both cases. No need to alter the case or purchase new cases.
This is good news because I really didn't want to have to buy the Xbox 420 case for for my darksoft cps3 setup.

It give me a idea of a remote controlled switch, so bad that the price will be a bit high for me ||

It give me a idea of a remote controlled switch, so bad that the price will be a bit high for me ||
IMO, the DIP switch works well enough, it's just a tidy 8 possible combinations ;)
We need a solution if you don't want to change the dips everytime you want to change a game or even a closed cabinet.
If i get this kit one day i will make a open source project for it.

IMO, the DIP switch works well enough, it's just a tidy 8 possible combinations ;)
We need a solution if you don't want to change the dips everytime you want to change a game or even a closed cabinet. If i get this kit one day i will make a open source project for it.
I agree. Ideally, I'd like an external LCD game switcher like the CPS2 Darksoft kit.

Back