What's new
Nice, you da best!

This is how DS does it :thumbup:

200.gif

I think the Type 1 which has a regular DIMM can load any game and doesn't have any protection. The problem comes more from the game side which maybe does some checks for a real type 3 machine. I might be wrong though....

I guess that is a good question that I am also wondering - I have a Type I Chihiro and would love to use the CF adapter with it from Waldawg as well. Since it connects to the NetDimm of the Type I machines (Triforce and Chihiro) - is it more dependent on the Firmware of the NetDimm than the machine itself? So in other words, why would a NetDimm with 4.02 firmware not work with Triforce and Chihiro regarding the CF adapter since it works with Naomi? Not to diminish the feat of accomplishing this upgrade for the Type 3 machines - which is awesome and would love to obtain a Type 3 Chihiro at some point, but more wondering than anything else as to why it wouldn't work since it simply wants to see a GD-Rom drive connected to the NetDimm and the CF takes that place. Seems like it "should" work, but I am not the expert and leave that for others to answer.

I guess that is a good question that I am also wondering - I have a Type I Chihiro and would love to use the CF adapter with it from Waldawg as well. Since it connects to the NetDimm of the Type I machines (Triforce and Chihiro) - is it more dependent on the Firmware of the NetDimm than the machine itself? So in other words, why would a NetDimm with 4.02 firmware not work with Triforce and Chihiro regarding the CF adapter since it works with Naomi? Not to diminish the feat of accomplishing this upgrade for the Type 3 machines - which is awesome and would love to obtain a Type 3 Chihiro at some point, but more wondering than anything else as to why it wouldn't work since it simply wants to see a GD-Rom drive connected to the NetDimm and the CF takes that place. Seems like it "should" work, but I am not the expert and leave that for others to answer.
Either an expert or not, you still can help us if you get a couple of Chihiro games and try with a CF adapter, you'll help us understanding where we are :)

I believe Crazy Taxi and HOTD3 were some games that worked on type 1. The more you can try the better.

I don't have a chihiro :thumbsup:

Ok. I will check it out and post results here. I am currently net booting the Type I Chihiro and it works well. Yes - it works with all games except for OR2SP; which I have with the Lindbergh anyway. The Type I works very well; I just didn't think about the CF adapter option working for whatever reason. It worked fine with the Naomi; but for some reason thought it wouldn't work with the Type I Chihiro. I wish I had tried it earlier - I have it working well now with the net booting and I hate to change it as everything time I tinker with the Naomi or Chihiro; something seems to not work right as touchy as they are. It would be great news if the CF adapter worked with the net dimm firmware of 4.02 for both Type I Triforce and Chihiro; I think most look at Type 3 and the Type I machines don't noticed or addressed as often. If anyone else wants to give it a try; feel free as well.

Ok. I will check it out and post results here. I am currently net booting the Type I Chihiro and it works well. Yes - it works with all games except for OR2SP; which I have with the Lindbergh anyway. The Type I works very well; I just didn't think about the CF adapter option working for whatever reason. It worked fine with the Naomi; but for some reason thought it wouldn't work with the Type I Chihiro. I wish I had tried it earlier - I have it working well now with the net booting and I hate to change it as everything time I tinker with the Naomi or Chihiro; something seems to not work right as touchy as they are. It would be great news if the CF adapter worked with the net dimm firmware of 4.02 for both Type I Triforce and Chihiro; I think most look at Type 3 and the Type I machines don't noticed or addressed as often. If anyone else wants to give it a try; feel free as well.
:| :( || We are here ready to help you if something goes wrong, we are talking in the worst case about misconfiguration, not bricking. Who else can give it a try?

About to try it out, I had read something somewhere about boot mode.
dont see anything in the test menu about that any more directions or just
reboot triforce, send the package over netboot?

any reason not to update my type 3 to this firmware? I forgot i do have a ssd adaptor i can use to try this out.

I have just updated my Triforce boards and works perfecty with any CF, just using the regular IDE to cf adapter.

Thank you very much Darksoft!

It should, but I had found some problem in the past with several CF cards which demans more power, I recommend you to use an adapter with power input, like this one:

https://www.amazon.fr/selling-arriv...UTF8&qid=1472554397&sr=1-9&keywords=ide+to+cf

You can take the power directly from the Trifoce itself.

I had use those for Triforce and Chihiro, and they work perfectly.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

I just pick my last Triforce unit from my storage unit in order to update it with the last firmware.

Unfortunately this board refuse to be updated:

2w5w2a0.jpg

23vgsxv.jpg

6t3fw2.jpg

25uofo0.jpg

wgpw6.jpg

All process seems to be ok, but after a reboot you can check into system info, that the board keeps the old firmware instead the new one.

I had tried to update the board via Netboot and also using a CF card, no luck on both tries.

Any ideas?

Best regards.

Test it. This firmware number doesn't change after updating. That was because during testing if something was wrong we would just re-update using the older firmware. It is a part of the testing process that Darksoft didn't remove. I bet it works just fine though.

Back