What's new

craigkeller

Student
Reaction score
So I have this weird issue ever since my recap where I have these horizontal ghost-like smears of all the highlights. They bleed from left to right across the screen. It's a Hantarex Polo 25 chassis with an RCA tube. See images for reference. If I'm playing Street fighter and teabag these lines will follow my characters Sprite. More visible on the right than the left. The left side of the screen is actually darker than the right as well which I can't seem to calibrate out.

In the images my red gain is way outta whack. Today I was trying to recalibrate the monitor to see if I could get rid of these issue with a good calibration. I took the pictures after I messed with the colors a bit more trying to get rid of the lines. Failed miserably in that objective haha. SCREEN is also WAY down (from where it was), and turning it lower doesn't seem to get rid of these things. Could use some help diagnosing. Has anyone else had this?

BC5CB860-7032-42ED-8261-ED0260BC8FFB.jpeg
03BA765B-5454-49C0-B68C-BAA505448877.jpeg
D4DE9602-E30B-459B-9681-17A08A7AD73E.jpeg

Attachments

• 688AEBAD-7EB4-42D4-B159-EA1AEDD3012C.jpeg
    688AEBAD-7EB4-42D4-B159-EA1AEDD3012C.jpeg
    740.3 KB · Views: 137
Had this issue before and realised my JAMMA connector wasn’t making perfect contact. Try that at least?

Had this issue before and realised my JAMMA connector wasn’t making perfect contact. Try that at least?
Well, this is the second PCB it's done this with. It was plugged into a Naomi/Capcom IO, and now this cab is running a Pandora's box DX. I will def check and clean the jamma connector though.

Edit: this video looks like a worse version of exactly what I'm experiencing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebOmWYqlOIY

Not sure how to track down the equivalent cap on the hantarex Polo though. Also wondering how this could have happened? Maybe the kit didn't come with the correct cap? Was this an old cap maybe that wasn't included in my kit?

Here's the cap kit I bought:https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home...448_hantarex-polo-monitor-repair-kit-by-zanen
I also picked up a few extras from mouser

Last edited:
carbon 1/2w 270 ohm, nothing special about them at all
YOU ARE A FUCKING GOD SIR!

Not only did this get rid of the smearing but it also got rid of the shadow I had over the left side of the screen. That was the reason I did the cap kit! When that didn't fix it I thought bad shadow mask but no. It was this toasty resistor! You are the greatest my friend.

Back