What's new

mv1f

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve bought a CPS3 with SF3:NG and when I boot it up I get the exact same garbage as this post. The battery has a full charge but I don’t think that matters because I tried it with the cart fully removed and I get the same garbage. When I look close at the cart I do notice two edge connector fingers are totally messed up.

6D386BF3-170F-43C1-A389-DC4CFBDEAC69.jpeg

0608153B-186C-4336-9D42-EF1670EE8B77.jpeg

I have a strong suspicion that this is the source of my problem. Any recommendations on how I could fix this?

it's hard to tell from the pics but is this corrosion on top of the pin or erosion of the pin? depending on the type of damage will change how you might tackle this. of course if this was caused by a damaged cart slot in the mobo, you may want to take care of that as well.

I always start with edge connectors by cleaning the surface using liquid deox-it and a nylon/fiberglas scratch pen.

it's hard to tell from the pics but is this corrosion on top of the pin or erosion of the pin? depending on the type of damage will change how you might tackle this. of course if this was caused by a damaged cart slot in the mobo, you may want to take care of that as well.

I always start with edge connectors by cleaning the surface using liquid deox-it and a nylon scratch pen.
Good advice. Further question, after cleaning do you ever add Deox-it Gold for protection or just wipe dry?

Unfortunately it's not corrosion. The metal is actually gone. I did a bit of scrubbing with isopropyl alcohol on all the pins just in case, since that's worked for me before, but with no change in the outcome.

Good suggestion on checking the mobo pins. I hadn't thought of that. I'll have a look at those. I don't expect it to fix the issue, just based on the wear patterns on the good pins, but at the very least I would hate to fix the cart pins only to have them get screwed up again. And who knows, maybe that could fix it.

Any recommendations on a nylon scratch pen? I have none and honestly I have no idea what to buy.

Well I was totally wrong and @twistedsymphony you were right. It was just corrosion. Thanks for the suggestion! Got the Detox-It and the scraper pen and it came off with a few rounds. Sadly still no change in the operation though. also, I did check the motherboard pins and they're all just fine.

Unless someone has some other ideas I'm going to assume that the cart is has suicided and put the SuperBios on it.

Back