What's new

doozer

Unobtanium
Professional
Reaction score
Anyone know the part number(s) of the female plugs that connect to CN7 and CN8 in this photo?

I've got plenty that fit, but none of them prevent accidental reverse insertion, and there was... an incident ;(

Attachments

• sega_connector2.jpg
    sega_connector2.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 165
@doozer try getting them from RS components, free delivery in Australia. If you need a hand crimping some, I can help out.

Seems like the options right now for NH connectors are LCSC or RS-Online.

Are there _any_ other options for folks in the US? I put together a cart on LCSC but it seems their minimum shipping cost is ~$40USD via Fedex. RS-Online will probably have cheaper shipping, but the same cart is 2 or 3 times the price of LCSC, negating any potential shipping savings.

Thanks for the responses and thanks for the offer @everten. I reached out to LCSC because a buddy realized their weight estimates were way off.

They were estimating 1000 crimp terminals as weighing 1.4kg total, but in actuality, it's closer to 200g.

They fixed the issue on their end and now shipping charges were much more reasonable.

@nem i looked at JST's site, but their prices for small quantities don't seem to be very competitive compared to resellers. Have you found this to be the case? Do you just order many thousands of connector terminals and housings?

LCSC charges $0.0156 USD per piece for SHF-001T-0.8BS at quantity 1500, total of $23.40.

JST charges 7 JPY ($0.067 USD) per piece at that quantity, $100 total. Sure, I could order 5000 for a better price break, but I don't need 5000. Am I missing something?

There is the possibility that LCSC is peddling fakes. I'm not sure I'm knowledgeable enough to know the difference or be able to spot them. I'll share some photos of what I get in a week or so.

LCSC charges $0.0156 USD per piece for SHF-001T-0.8BS at quantity 1500, total of $23.40.

JST charges 7 JPY ($0.067 USD) per piece at that quantity, $100 total. Sure, I could order 5000 for a better price break, but I don't need 5000. Am I missing something?
You're not missing anything. However, do you really need 1500?

I usually buy at most a few dozen of something, so JST works great for me. Shipping is also very reasonable (1000 JPY).

(although this said, I do have a full reel of NH contacts. There was something wrong with the plating apparently, so they sold 5000 pcs at 0.4JPY each...)

No, but I can't help but fall into the trap of buying more than I need... it just felt so wasteful to ship like 40 of them.

"What if I need more in the future" is a lie I consistently tell myself.

Back