What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Members I have a question.. Tried to connect a Noami system to the Vewlix L. The L does not have the power supply part that it shows on the manual and I was looking at the FC from Jassin pictures cab which show that his unit came with that power supply. My question for those of you that have Ls or know the cab well.. Does the unit bring the power supply unit from stock or is this an extra kit from Taito that needs to be purchased separately?

The first image is my cab L - lower shelf left hand side not power supply unit. Second image L's manual showing the power supply unit.. 3rd imagine FC from Jassin showing the power supply unit to plug a Naomi or other arcade units..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 454
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 341
:huh: I think you are missing the power supply there buddy, I am sure its supposed to come with all the vewlix cabs, it would just make sense that it would. all the connectors are there, it just looks like someone took it out.

Derick - thanks for the feedback, that is also what I'm thinking and talking to KC regarding the missing power supply. KC position is that the L do not bring the power supply only for type x2 setup and my position is that the manual clearly shows the power supply and the cab has the space and Jassin's FC has it also which I gather that your four FC also has it.

My cabs have it, but it could be for whatever reason the L cabs doesnt, other L cab owners should chime in if they have it or not.

Man, that sucks. Well, are you going to try to get an oem from taito? I would wire up a standard arcade supply.

It is optional on the L. The L was ready for a Type X but not other systems. The part you need is:
M1300100A SWITCHING REGULATOR P271G(New JAMMA power supply kit) @JPY11,000

That's the price from Taito.

Not that bad a price if it was just that, but factor in shipping and bank fees, you talking close to $175.

I would either buy it used here in the states if you can or better yet wire in a Mean Well PSU QP-150-3A if you can get one one of these cheap enough. They are a bit expensive.

Other option is to wire in a low cost standard arcade PSU and one psu for the 3.3v line.

Back