What's new

kyletwentytwo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I received my Vewlix F cab yesterday and have some general questions regarding some issues I'm running into. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am running a Windows 10 PC with a JVS-Pac, so everything I'm currently doing is through that lens.

1) The monitor is cutting off the right 5%~ or so of the pixels in Windows (and all games I launch/etc). This happens whether I run it at 1360 x 765 (Windows-preferred), or 1280 x 720. I believe my Vewlix F has the original, stock monitor and I'm running via DVI. Has anyone run into this, and know how to reclaim the right side? I also flipped through the monitor modes (1:1, Wide, Left, Right etc) but that does not change anything related to the loss of the pixels in Windows.

2) At anything above a quiet-ish system volume, I can hear a lot of audio feedback. It sounds like high pitched 8-bit noise. I'm running a 3.5mm cable directly from the Taito amp board to the PC. I've tried two of these, and they produced the same results. How do I get rid of the whine?

UPDATE TO BOTH 1 and 2: Installing the AMD Catalyst control center seems to have fixed both of these issues. It makes sense for #1, but I have no idea why it would have fixed #2. Oh well, happy that it did!

3) Locks -- does anyone know where I can order generic locks for a Vewlix F? I need one to lock the control panel in, and another one for the front panel itself.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it figured out. Don't use the original monitor or amp so I can't help with those anyway.

As for the locks, If you haven't picked some up yet, I've got a generic set for sale. There's plenty on eBay as well.

Back