What's new
Great work! Love the TATE sticker too :)

It's back to its former glory! Very nice to see after how it had been treated in its past life.

Really sick tate cabinet! Nice choices to break it in too.

Nice work! That thing was rough as can be when you got it, but it looks incredible now!

Cab is looking great! Nice ingenuity on getting controls mounted in that panel. Really curious about this 'spicy' monitor mod you mentioned.

Going to post the same thing I put on arcade-museum.

That cab was mine. Built like 20 years ago (2002?) in an apartment in NYC. This was back when Mame was still new and making mame cabs was like the wild west. Before Pi, 60in1s, before front ends, before all the lovely items and suppliers making it so easy to build new cabs today. Even the spinner is Oscar Controls, anyone remember them? They have been gone like 15 years now. Those are early 4/8 way switchable joysticks too. We were all experimenting back then with control panel layouts, monitors, hardwiring keyboards, etc. That Jpac in there was probably version 1 with PS2 connectors! I'm sure the PC is an early Pentium too. I think Mame had maybe 500 games then.

Fact is the wiring could have and should have been better. I own up to that BUT it worked for 20 years so I guess there's that.

Everyone started somewhere. Congrats on finding this cab still intact and working from 20 years ago when multicades were new and I was first learning.

For what it's worth you guys look at the games from 20-30 years ago the way many of us used to look at 80's games. It meant nothing to hack up a "generic sit-at" cabinet but it was sacriledge to hack up say a Robotron... It's all about perspective.

That said, I think the OP did an amazing job restoring the cabinet. It looks great!

By the way, these days I import containers of factory built games and work with most of the commercial side of the industry.

Back