What's new

GeorgeSpinner

Professional
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Final Blow PCB (Taito F2 System) and I am unable to get it to sync via supergun with my Plasma, or my CRT (not PVM).

I have a minigun and beharbros shogun.

I understand the Taito uses an odd sync.

The plasma doesn't display anything, but that is typical if it does like the sync.

The CRT displays an image with bad horizontal hold. Using the service menu, I moved the image to the left and it stabilized (for the most part), but when the game begins the image kind of doubles up on intself.

When I flip the screen, it actually looks "ok" but obviously it's not playable.

I don't have an OSSC or Framemeister.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows of a solution that won't break the bank?

I looked on the minigun forum, but the solution involved a PVM.

I will probably post there was well.

Thanks.

I'm not failure with your setup, but I use a HAS and OSSC in my setup and F2 games are a bit off, but can be dialed in with the OSSC.

I would say buy one if you can, they won't break the bank at around $100 for a Chinese one or $160 for the non-Chinese one.

If you can really afford to wait/pay, I'd say OSSC Pro as it will help you a lot more down the road, but it's about 6-10 months off still and will be $350-500!

I'm not failure with your setup, but I use a HAS and OSSC in my setup and F2 games are a bit off, but can be dialed in with the OSSC.

I would say buy one if you can, they won't break the bank at around $100 for a Chinese one or $160 for the non-Chinese one.

If you can really afford to wait/pay, I'd say OSSC Pro as it will help you a lot more down the road, but it's about 6-10 months off still and will be $350-500!
Thanks for the reply.

That definitely will not break the bank, but it's more than I paid for the board. I would imagine I'm going to run into similar issues with other boards though, so it might be good investment.

What is off with you F2 games and the OSSC?

Right now, my setup is not large. I have a couple MVS boards and carts, an Atomiswave with some carts, a Daimakaimura that I'm trying to get working, and the aforementioned Final Blow. I have a minigun supergun (from this forum), and a beharbros shogun (https://www.beharbros.com/product-page/shogun) that I'm using on a Panasonic Plasma.

If I can get Daimakaimura and Final Blow working well enough, I plan to collect some of the boards that have interested me throughout my life.

Atomiswave and Neo Geo are so easy that I falsely assumed I could just start buying boards and let the good times roll.

I am learning more about this hobby everyday.

Obviously I meant familiar!

I had to adjust a lot of settings. I think it was the game Growl and it looked weird. It's in the HAS thread, but basically didn't look 100% correct on generic settings.

The OSSC Pro will hopefully work with some stubborn PCBs like Midway games (Mortal Kombats, NBA Jamz, etc) as they are an odd sync as well.

If you can wait, wait. If not, buy one now and see what happens down the road.

Obviously I meant familiar!

I had to adjust a lot of settings. I think it was the game Growl and it looked weird. It's in the HAS thread, but basically didn't look 100% correct on generic settings.

The OSSC Pro will hopefully work with some stubborn PCBs like Midway games (Mortal Kombats, NBA Jamz, etc) as they are an odd sync as well.

If you can wait, wait. If not, buy one now and see what happens down the road.
I knew what you meant, no worries.

I saw someone in the minigun forum was using this with their Taito PCB: https://www.mikesarcade.com/estore/datasheets/GBS-8200-booklet.pdf

It was only $26 from Amazon, so I gave it a try.

It works very well, for what I need. It takes a few seconds for it to sync properly but the resulting image is very good. Input latency is very good playing through this converter.

There is a VERY slight wave through the image sometimes, but that may be from the board itself; I'm not sure. It's barely noticeable.

I will probably invest in an OSSC at some point. It sounds like the pro is the way to go.

Thanks for the help.

I thought I should reply to this for completeness sake, and for anyone else having sync issues with final blow or other taito boards. This solution may help with all boards. Idk.

I purchased an image adjustment pcb that goes between the Jamma edge and the Supergun.

The reason my board doesn't sync is because the image is not in the correct place on the screen. It's too far in 1 direction or the other. I believe it's too far left but I can't be sure.

This pcb allows me to adjust the placement of the image on the screen (H & V) and I have no trouble syncing my taito board anymore.

The pcb is relatively inexpensive. I paid $28. And then double that for DHL Express shipping.

I got mine at AliExpress.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32910...er_id=3d0cf0548a3c43129d074e48518cea9d&is_c=N

Back