What's new

Cookie

Professional
Reaction score
So i recently picked up 2 of those TTX3 motherboard and DMAC cards that were on YHJ for $10 or something like that. They were impulse buys, but i figured why not, it's only a few dollars. The guy has been selling them for a long time, he seems to have run out now.

2020-10-25 10_52_08-ヤフオク! -「type x3」(おもちゃ、ゲーム) の落札相場・落札価格.png

Anyways, i wanted to see if i could make the DMAC card work with the fastio in a Taito Type X 2 system because the TTX2 version of those cards rarely come up for sale, and when they do they are expensive. But I wanted fastio in my cab because for some reason the controls in game just seemed really sluggish to me. So, the TTX3 DMAC cards are much easier to get, because basically every TTX3 system comes with one.

I managed to get the TTX3 DMAC/Fastio working on niko's TTX2, so i can use it in the TTX 2 system and control with the FASTIO.
That thread is here.

So here's the thing with the TTX3 DMAC/Fastio in the TTX2... it's definitely made the inputs different. But I can't really tell if it's made it faster or not. There's this real sluggish feel to running some games on the TTX2 multi. I play KOF2k2UM, it's probably one of the faster fighting games on there with regards to mashing long buttons combos and inputs, and kof2k2 um just doesn't seem nice to play. It's hard to explain. Then I fire it up on the pc, and it seems much quicker and the controls seems much more responsive. I'm no expert in this stuff, so i can't go into technical detail, but it just didn't seem right on my TTX2.

SO....

I figured, if I buy a cpu and some ram for my TTX3 system I purchased above.. maybe it will work if I plug the niko TTX2 multi into it?

Ok, so i got my parts and it actually booted first go! Wouldn't play games though, i didn't really expect it to.

I unlocked the write filter on the TTX2 multi, and tried to boot it and it blue screened.... **sigh**.... Anyways what followed here was a whole day of troubleshooting, installing windows, drivers, tinkering, blue screening , error at 0x000000000000 etc etc. Pulling my hair out and deciding i was done with all of this.
Turns out it was a faulty piece of hardware. 1 of the TX2 boards i got was faulty... zzzz...

Anyways, i plugged in the second one and it didn't show any of the faults at all that the first one did.

Through my previous testing and installing Windows XP onto the damaged board, i now had a full driver pack to work with for all the TTX3 hardware.

I booted up niko's TTX2 multi on the working TTX3 board, plugged in my keyboard, unlocked the drive and it worked and let me boot! Long story and another day of tinkering and testing short. I installed the drivers for the TTX3 hardware on the TTX2 multi image, and it worked!

So i can play niko's TTX2 multi on the TTX3 hardware now, using that JAMMA FASTIO AMP board.

It's a little bit hack and i've broken a thing or two, but it works like this.

- FASTIO works for controls - JVS via usb is completely broken (no idea where that got broken along the way, but don't really care, fastio is what i wanted)
- At present i am using the TTX2 video card in the TTX3 system, it needs this because the games all run with it. I haven't experimented with any other video hardware yet as i don't really have anything suitable here to test with. Newer cards? original ttx3 cards (which i don't have?). I'm pretty sure it will require the TTX2 video card series or very close to it.Just because that's what games need.
- It loads slower because of something i have done. Takes about 60 seconds to boot... this image does have a heap of testing installs and stuff on it now. If I did it all from scratch again it might work a lot faster.
- Everything works except for 1 of the games.

BUT... the real thing here is... Everything runs WAY smoother. So the input lag and sluggishness that I feel on the TTX2 hardware is completely gone. I think the TTX2 hardware is just underpowered to some extent. The best way i can describe it is, that feeling when you go from watching a video to 30fps and then you watch it at 60fps. the games still run at the correct speed though. and..... they load WAAAAAY faster. The loads between some of the game screens on certain games, makes the experience far more enjoyable. I would be interested to see if i could tell any difference between JVS and fastio on this newer hardware.

Anyways, just sharing! You could effectively use any motherboard from a similar era to make your TTX2 faster, i just happened to use the TTX3 motherboard and install the drivers into it for the MSI motherboard. It doesn't have to be this hardware though. The tricky part, is getting a Windows XP installation that is already installed to boot and work on another motherboard. XP, as an OS wasn't overly excited to do that, but it is possible a lot of the time so long as you don't jump too far, and or prepare your XP properly before you plug in the new motherboard... and i'm surprised it worked from a P4 to a 2nd gen I5 series system, but it did!

- This will not allow you to play newer games, this is just for the TTX2 that's already out there, don't ask about newer stuff, it's not going to work. This is just about getting the TTX2 multi out there to run on TTX3 hardware, using the video card from the TTX2.
- I won't be trying to fix JVS on this, i don't need it because I have fastio! It will stay broken.

So, if you also got one of those motherboard/dmac sets I listed above... YES, you can add some parts, and use the TTX2 multi on there!

Here's my custom TTX3 case setup. It would have been cheaper to just buy a complete TTX3 unit to do this on!!! but that would have taken time and i got stuck into this and it just grew legs!

IMG_3187.jpg

Also, i didn't do any real difficult work here, i didn't code anything, smart people did that! I just installed drivers (broke jvs completely)... and did a lot of testing. In a nutshell, that's all it was!

If anyone wants the drivers for the TTX3 motherboard for XP 32 bit, just pm me and i'll send the link. There's nothing proprietary in there, they're just standard windows drivers i got off the internet.

great info and thread , unfortunately for me it wont work , i get waiting for I/o board , i have the taito fast i/o with convertor that runs in the Noir

i am using that i/o board , but then mine goes into another, that then interprets the namco jvs wiring , yeah for the lan port , only difference is i have a Nessica plugged into the jvs port , all my X3 titles run fine (they dont have dongles)

nope still says waiting for i/o board , and restart X2 (yes i am using my X3 :) )

Hello,

I just download your torrent file but when i try to UnRAR it, i have an "writing error".

Any advice to unzip it without problem?

What is the weight of the ISO ?

Edit : my bad, space problem on the disk... sorry lol

Last edited:
So i tried your multi on my TTX3 Fats I/O and i found an error : when i launch USF4, link to my rooteur, normaly with my version or with the niko multi on TTX2, it creates an IP adress and i link the game with my other vewlix and Noir Cabs.

Or, with this multi, the IP adresse after a long seconds, is "done" and i cant link with others USF4.

Could you fix the problem?

Best regards

Just tried this in my x3 and it booted just fine in 720p but ran into a problem with the IO, player 2 stick is not responding at all, buttons all work but the stick isn't.

I've updated the image to now work with the 404 model TTX3 system out of the box.
Any idea if this works with the 405 configuration too?
I have a TX3 with the i3 cpu and N640 graphics that I'm not using for anything.

Back