What's new

bboycap

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys,

just replaced an used MS2931 chassis for my Blast City. It works good, but i heard buzzing sound from the chassis. The sound seems coming from the left side on the chassis. video here and the sound is louder while playing games with 15K res. ( it's smaller with 31 res)

Just want to check if anyone had this issue before and knows what happened. :/ Thanks!

I had something this happen a while ago with a chassis I no longer have but it only made that noise for me when I had the brightness(screen) on flyback cranked up to high. Does lowering screen knob on flyback affect the noise at all?

I had something this happen a while ago with a chassis I no longer have but it only made that noise for me when I had the brightness(screen) on flyback cranked up to high. Does lowering screen knob on flyback affect the noise at all?
Didn't pay attention when I was adjusting the brightness. i will definitely check it out to see if it's the same issue. Thanks for sharing!

its usually the yoke
Yeah, I saw some discussion in the forum talking the yoke's noise issue. but I don't think it applies to this case, cuz when I use the another chassis with the same tube and yoke, the buzzing sound doesn't come out.

Ferrite core on the flyback? That's easy enough to check, jam a toothpick in there.

Could be one of the coils on the chassis too.

EDIT: just watched the video, it does indeed sound like it's coming from the left. So probably not the flyback.

Ferrite core on the flyback? That's easy enough to check, jam a toothpick in there.

Could be one of the coils on the chassis too.

EDIT: just watched the video, it does indeed sound like it's coming from the left. So probably not the flyback.
Thanks, I didn't touch anything,I was afraid to break the chassis by my wrong actions. Will jamming a toothpick in those ferrite core and coils shirt-circuit the Chassis?

Yes, it doesn't seem that the flyback creates the noise.

Wood doesn't conduct electricity.

Toothpick trick is just a remedy for a buzzing flyback. I wouldn't try jamming one anywhere else.

You can poke the coils with a wooden spoon or a dowel too.

If the sound changes pitch or stops, you've found your culprit.

Seconding checking coils with a wooden utensil.

I had a nanao chassis with a buzzing problem and found the buzzing coil by pushing it down with a wooden spoon. I'd suggest making note of where the coils are before you start pushing them down, so you aren't pushing on components unnecessarily.

Wood doesn't conduct electricity.

Toothpick trick is just a remedy for a buzzing flyback. I wouldn't try jamming one anywhere else.
I see, so toothpick is not good for the coils. :\

You can poke the coils with a wooden spoon or a dowel too.

If the sound changes pitch or stops, you've found your culprit.
Seconding checking coils with a wooden utensil.

I had a nanao chassis with a buzzing problem and found the buzzing coil by pushing it down with a wooden spoon. I'd suggest making note of where the coils are before you start pushing them down, so you aren't pushing on components unnecessarily.
Thank you both for the suggestions! i will give a try. Since i am away from my house, probably i can do it this weekend.

Back