What's new

XtraSmiley

Legendary
Reaction score
So posted this around but didn't get too many replies. I bought this board from @Hammy and he shot a video of it working before mailing it, but now that I have it, I only get a green light on my OSSC and no sync. Here's what I posted:

Guys I just got a G. Darius PCB (Taito FX-1B) that I want to test to see if it works. I only have the following accessible right now:
PCB to HAS Super Gun
HAS to OSSC
OSSC to LG C9

So this setup works for all my current PCBs and if there is sync I get a green light on the OSSC and a picture on the TV. No sync, no green light/no picture.
On this new G. Darius PCB, I get a green light, but the OSSC says no sync and of course I never get past the grey start screen.
Is the PCB bad or do I need to try some settings?
Output to settings doesn’t seem to matter as the OSSC never says it has sync, despite the green light.

I found this:
http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC
“Known issues / limitations
interlaced content via AV3 in RGBHV/RGBS mode requires a hack to work (TVP7002 issue).
240p systems/games using even field indicator such as Chrono Cross (PSX) or G Darius (arcade) require a hack to work via AV1/2 (TVP7002 issue). OSSC input must be pre-selected and not changed with such games.”
But it doesn’t say what the “hack” is to use AV1. I have an adapter for AV3 that I use with my Taito F3 systems, however I don’t have it with me at the moment.
If I understand this correctly, my stock OSSC via AV1 will not be able to syn to a Taito FX-1B arcade system?

Here it makes it seem like it will work, so if not, I recommend updating the Wiki for future reference:
http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=FX-1B
OSSC Specific settings
Games running on this PCB use 240p (both odd & even field signal modes) and 480i. To ensure the game works correctly, select the correct input on the OSSC before starting up the game and do not change it during gameplay.

****So again, I set the OSSC to AV1 BEFORE giving the PCB power, but still nothing. Do the directions mean I have to use AV3 and switch to that first? I cannot do this at this time as I don’t have the “VGA” connector available. I would like to know if this is what the Wikki means though, as in:
START ON AV3, THEN POWER PCB.****

Normally you would still get an image with wonky sync issues when running off of AV1.

I'm scared your issue will not resolve themselves when connecting through AV3 like the F3.

I would start by cycling through your integer scales on av1 to see if it you can get a visible image at least.

They are just saying to leave your OSSC on your input before you plug your HAS in and not switch to other inputs after.

I hope you ruled out whether the board is working elsewhere first.

Maybe try plug your has into a different tv if you don't have any other cabs to test with

Not around my cabs right now, so I have no way to test the PCB, but yeah, usually I get something on the screen.

I'm worried something may have happened to this PCB in transit!

This one is fussy on the power supply - it does not like PC type for some reason.
Also keep the PCB off any surface , use the board legs - the ZN boards are easily crashed with interference.

This one is fussy on the power supply - it does not like PC type for some reason.
Also keep the PCB off any surface , use the board legs - the ZN boards are easily crashed with interference.
Thanks man, I'll try the above, but I'm using a HAS with arcade power supply and it's on wood, but I'll test with feet as well.

By Thanksgiving (late November) I'll be home again to test on some cabs and put the DMM on it to verify power levels. I'll also swap the ROM board with another motherboard to find out what's up!

I was just hoping it was an OSSC setting I was missing.

Back