What's new

Ajax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, got a Vewlix F in last week, and I've finally been able to properly play around with an X2 multi I got a while back. Some weird stuff going on, though. The basic issues:

- Akai Katana (the game I bought the X2 to play), displays in a weird stretched(?) 640 x 480 resolution. This also seems to require patches to be on in the settings menu. Earlier tonight while testing, with dip switch 2 on, it seems the game would load, but no video would display. For whatever reason, it seems to display video now with dipswitch 2 on, but still getting the described messed up resolution.

- The multi menu doesn't seem to fit on the screen. 3D Cosplay Mahjong (the other game I bought this to play) is cut off when the menu loads.

Every game I've tested other than Akai Katana works fine with no resolution issues. Is there something you have to do to clear out dipswitch settings after changing them? I've never heard of anything like that, but I'm at a loss.

Setup info:
Connected to Vewlix monitor via DVI cable
Model 208A
CPU P4 3.4Ghz
Sticker on the case says 4GB of ram (though it sounds like these can really only do 3GB?)
Unsure of specifics outside of these, let me know if any other info is required.

Got this X2 off of this forum, so I know it's good to go, and I'm probably just missing something. Any info is very, very much appreciated. Thanks all.

You have to run it through VGA so that the video card and the monitor communicate the proper EDID information to each other.

Hmm, but other games work fine though, so I'm hesitant to think that's the issue. I do certainly appreciate the insight though.

I have a VGA>DVI adapter, but it doesn't work well at all. Can anybody recommend a known good one for use in an F?

Your monitor needs to be connected to the X2 using VGA and a DVI-I to VGA adapter.

Though that might not be your complete issue. Ensure you have the 7900 GS GPU and verify the memory in the settings dialog box in the multi menu.

Thanks for the responses!

I've ordered another DVI-I to VGA adapter. Will be here on Wednesday and I'll test it then.

I did confirm that 3GB is registering properly in the settings box in the menu. I'm not sure about the GPU in my multi, but I'll check later on tonight. Is there a particular 7900 GS that is best used in the X2 multi? Seems like there are typically quite a few makers who make a given GPU.

Thanks for the responses!

I've ordered another DVI-I to VGA adapter. Will be here on Wednesday and I'll test it then.

I did confirm that 3GB is registering properly in the settings box in the menu. I'm not sure about the GPU in my multi, but I'll check later on tonight. Is there a particular 7900 GS that is best used in the X2 multi? Seems like there are typically quite a few makers who make a given GPU.
In the case of a new GPU, I think this would get you sorted:

[Taito Type X2] Flashing a GeForce 7900 with Elsa 979 BIOS

Turns out my adapter was bad. Sorry for the false alarm, thank you to everybody who chimed in.

Do both DVI ports on the card work, btw? I only ever seemed to be able to get a signal out of the one on the bottom (when the X2 is placed normally).

Back