What's new
For a ZN1 motherboard (worth modding) you need to find one with IC151 fitted ( a lot don't.... ).

Is any of this applicable to making another board that can run Primal Rage 2?

Doesn't PR2 run on a ZN1 Board?

The master hath already spoken...
Ah so it has some custom/special memory mapper/GAL/PAL then... I figured it was something like this.

BTW I own a Primal Rage (1) PCB, its a PoS! Both the board AND the game.
No tears from me over part 2 fading into total obscurity/vaporware, good riddance to bad rubbish. ;)

For anyone who thinks PR is a "good" game...
QM8PQx4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
both PR and PR2 are "trash fighters" just like SFTM, Blood Warriors and Fists of Fire.

they're fun because they're hilarious B-movie Bad

with that said. @Hammy I will gladly send you a free G-Net board if it means PR2 might be made to work on it :D

there is a pretty good bounty for that still out there.

I'm not about to derail this thread but have you played PR2? Its decent and could have been good. Animation is good and the system so far had potential. Dude who was a main designer went on to work at Capcom and work on Third Strike. Watch his GDC video.

THREAD BACK ON TRACK NOW:

Is there any board that is the must have to get a multi or something...

both PR and PR2 are "trash fighters" just like SFTM, Blood Warriors and Fists of Fire.

they're fun because they're hilarious B-movie Bad

with that said. @Hammy I will gladly send you a free G-Net board if it means PR2 might be made to work on it :D

there is a pretty good bounty for that still out there.
Yes i will go for that if you are up for it, as you know i did a bit of work on it already.
I think now that G net loader goes:
> decrypt loader with G net mother board key > decrypt game with the original key on the loader and then apply the patches.

I can't promise anything but maybe i could do the tecmo games.
FWIW i attempted to run the "T=Rex" PS1 demo on the rom board but no chance LOL

Primal rage 2 is one of my most wanted games, it's a shame the guy with 6 dead ones is a selfish prick i could get them all running now :P

it's a shame the guy with 6 dead ones is a selfish prick i could get them all running now
I was going to say... We only know of the one/2 working, but what about the others from the location tests.
Apparently THAT? :(

ZN2 Results up..
Tecmo keyless tested in hardware, first games gallop 2 and 3 tested and running fine!
Raizing keyless bios done now but not tested in hardware - that will show the power of the ZN bios board and how it's possible to revive those dead boards now.

1st rom board is almost ready (tecmo universal rom board)
on a slight re-design of the bios board adding switching backup ram + fixing level shifter errors at the moment.

The bios hacks still need fine tune and more testing.
TGM still locking up at around 801f24ec on the second red screen in real h/w :(

Nice find/fix! I expect better manual TGM play with wires haha (kidding of course)

Re-wrote the hack 3 times on ZN2 for nothing, it will of been working since "the rival schools" test haha

Back