What's new

Triplegreen

Student
Reaction score
I picked up a MVS 2 cabinet that was hacked to run a jamma game. I currently have 2 questions: In the mini i owned the 2 slot was facing you and you had to open the control panel to place memory cards and plug things into the board. but the machine has a memory card slot that looks offset. Do you turn the 2 slot sideways and butt it up against the wood to have access to the holes? Also I see there are speakers of course in the marquee box that are not shielded. Did this cab originally have shielded ones?

Not sure about the shielded speakers. I looked inside of my MVS-2-25 I did not see any shielding. As for the the Memory Card/Audio Jacks you are going to have to press the motherboard against the I/O panel in the front. I know there are 2-Slot boards that are updated have the pinout and need the harness for the memory card reader that mounts under the control panel.

Thanks guys, I tossed the monitor in and it didnt react to the speakers. I wish I had the original kortek that was in the paperwork instead of the k7000 I have because it fits but not flush from the top so i need to bit away about 1/8" of wood to bolt it in. I removed the memcard slot and saw mounting tabs so I attached the board to it and everything lines up. Discovered pluses and minuses between the mvs-2-13 and the 25 board orientation. I prefer the board being sideways as I dont have to open the control panel to use my memory card. But I prefer the mvs 2 mini because I liked how I could open the control panel from the coin door opening like all my other machines. on this big guy I got to get on my knees behind it. (ha , ha,) to unlatch the cp.

Back