What's new

gianka

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi
I have a project to reinstall a new sys573 game using an old cassette already used for a DDR cabinet as an example.
I have searched a lot of information and I have also read many postes about this system.
I know that once written on this cart, it is impossible to delete and/or rewrite another game in it. I also know that cart and CD have to match and the cart, once the game's installed in the system, marries with it.
Then I was thinking to unsolder the memory in which the game is contained; then buy a new one empty and solder it in place of the old one. So i could install the game as if it were the first time. Is it possible?
If i send some photos of the security cart can someone tell me which one is the memory containing the game?
Img1.jpg
Img2.jpg

Last edited:
After several researches, I realized that the memory is on *.u1 (game's eeprom with the number 0038323 E9935 stamped on it in the picture above) also called Small SOIC8 chip, identified as a XICOR X76F041 security supervisor, while *.u6 chip (identified by alphanumeric number ds2401 stamped on it) contains the game ID. Some games like Gachaga Champ, DrumMania, only have *.u1 chip in the cart.
In addition other games would need two security cartridges such as e.g. DDR 3: one for the installation mode and the other for the game mode (look at the picture). There are also cartridges with other types of chips. In conclusion it is a mess.

image3.jpg

Referring to the thread written by @Dion, some things were already known:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/konami-system-573-master-calendar.2646/

Unlike Dion who uses arduino to "clear and mass programmed or reset the secure chip in security cart", I would like to try this procedure: owning an "empty" security cassette, System573 automatically would write the game's eeprom by itself when the game's installed by means of CD for the first time (method to verify)
Is this method correct?

....I would like to try this procedure: owning an "empty" security cassette, System573 automatically would write the game's eeprom by itself when the game's installed by means of CD for the first time (method to verify)

Is this method correct?
a bit incorrect. for the game to install, it needs CD (original or dump), and install security cassette. later version (afair, from ddr5 up), install and game security cart have become one cart, and they used pic chip for that. for earlier version, the install cassette is different with game mode cassette. and they both tied to motherboard s/n.

a bit incorrect. for the game to install, it needs CD (original or dump), and install security cassette.
I have read this method in other forum. Anyway i have two security carts of DDR 3th mix : GE 887 KA (this is the installation cart) and GK 887 KA (version korea)
I try to install the game and I can t install it using any cd of ddr 3th mix. It always tells me that the cart does not match the software
While i have succeeded with the installation of bass angler owning the cart and cd and other games

Last edited:
Back