What's new

tengugurl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!
I am looking to replace the leaf blower, I mean the stock Atomiswave fan.

I bought a 5v+ Noctua fan on amazon which I have used on my Gdemu Dreamcasts with no issue.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NEMGCIA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uo3MFbQ5PYBE9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I know this seems like a simple job but, the last Atomiswave I tried to do this to stopped working oddly enough.
(Didn't even put the jamma harness on backwards)

So, any pointers on how to do this?
I have seen this pic and tried it last time and the fan worked but, then I had issues...

Any resistors needed inline?
When I did my DC fan mod, I put a resistor inline like this

Thanks in advance!
Just trying to avoid any issues

Attachments

• xxeUgUn.jpg
    xxeUgUn.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 239
  • F384A553-9EF6-442B-8853-EAD38555B7CB.jpeg
    F384A553-9EF6-442B-8853-EAD38555B7CB.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 165
Hei @tengugurl

Here is how I installed my fan:

IMG_6939.jpg
IMG_6937.jpg

I snipped and pulled the unused control wire, then soldered Gnd & +5v to some nice big through-hole component legs by the jamma edge.
The sleeved wires are just that length, so I didn't worry about patching into the 3-pin fan plug. Then I just bridged CN1 pins 2&3 like you have shown.

Attachments

• IMG_6938.jpg
    IMG_6938.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 176
I've always used the Scythe Mini Kaze 2 fans and its a very straight forward install. Never had a need for resistors, or had one fail...yet. Believe I had to splice the tach to the power or something. I will see If i can find the thread it was covered on. Correct me if im wrong but the diagram you show has the resistor between the power and tach signals no? Where as your install has them inline on both the power and ground wires. Not sure if this matters with an Atomiswave install of a 5V fan since ive never had to use resistors and used a 12v fan but its just something that stands out.

Last edited:
Back