What's new

the Goat

Grand Master
Reaction score
Long story short: I purchased a Candy Cabinet and it arrived damaged due to how the freight shipper packet it. The shipment was insured. But to make an insurance claim I need to provide a repair estimate quote.

Does anybody know how to find an arcade technician who can provide a repair quote?

Bump: Come on, somebody has to have a suggestion. I'm dying here!

Sorry to hear man, that sucks..I have done STI candy claims and other claims (post office CPS2) from different shippers and I can tell you that the experience wasn’t pleasant.. those insurance company will do whatever they can to deny you the claim even after you send them all kind of quotes or repair estimate. I have never been able to recoup any money. Depends on what is broken but a local car repair shop might be able to give you a quote.. if it is anything else, you are out of luck, no one really repair cabs to make money. It is mostly, you get your hands dirty and learn how to fix things..

Thanks for the suggestion. An car repair shop won't help in my case.

The major issues I'm trying to get compensated for are:
  • The plastic marquee holder was leaning against the CRT surface during shipment. It rubbed off some of the anti-glare coating. I have no idea how to fix that short of a new CRT. (Not that I have a source for one anyway)
  • The adjustable feet both broke off. They didn't retract them and pushed the cabinet into something strong enough to snap them off.
I could install the replacement parts. But where to source them?

Basically what you need to do is show before and after proof of the damage or as close to it as possible.

Then you need to find a repair part online or an estimate of the cost of the part and labor if you have someone else doing the work. You can request a quote from most repair work people if you can find someone to do the work for you.

If its cosmetic like broken fiberglass that doesn't have an easily tangible price then get some quotes from some local auto body shops or similar shops that would do that kind of work for your replacement.
Shop around and find someone that is pretty reputable if you can.

What the insurance company wants to find out is if the value of the repair will outweigh the value of the machine and what the deductibles will look like etc. Basically if its totaled or not.

Insurance is gonna make it difficult sometimes because they need to make sure someone is not cheating them. Also sometimes they are just plain stubborn.

As long as you present solid proof of the before and after and repair costs then you really shouldn't have a problem. They might push back and sometimes you gotta push back a little too. Sometimes it just doesn't work out and at least your tried your best.

Its annoying and frustrating if it does happen to someone but just do your best. Sometimes you can get further assistance from the insurance broker or person you are dealing with as well.

You need to be quick on your toes though its not something that they want to drag their feet over.

Best of luck

Reactions: nem

• The plastic marquee holder was leaning against the CRT surface during shipment. It rubbed off some of the anti-glare coating. I have no idea how to fix that short of a new CRT. (Not that I have a source for one anyway)”

There’s a write up somewhere in this forum of someone taking out the anti-glare coating and scratches on tubes...

As for the feet parts, I would reach out to KC and see if he has spare to sell but that would depends on the cab type and availability.

Back