What's new
The symptoms that you mention are typical of a cable connected backwards but in your case is connected properly.

Are you sure that all PCBs are making proper contact and sitting properly ?

I bought three this time, but they all have the same symptoms.

They are all tested before shipping so I doubt it's a problem with the multi. Whichi microSD are you using? Is it SDHC?

Did you try first running games without the cables attached? The ones that work with a suicided B board?

I used microdsd, which I usually use in multi.
When I get home, I'll try to operate non-protection.

What is EXC5?
I have been doing this many times before.
By the way, all three boards are ver7.

EXC5 is a capacitor located close to where the battery on B board is ( but on the solder side). If this capacitor has a load, the B board will still remember old keys.

Most boards I’ve seen have it marked as exc5, which is located directly next to the battery :)

p1000460.jpg

With the board off and disconnected. Take a screwdriver and short the left and middle then right and middle and try again.

Also make sure your interconnect boards is pushed in tight and all boards are making good contact.

Failing that, please take a nice clear photo of the install and connects?

Last edited:
I don't have any particular bent pins.
The decrypt version didn't work either.

DSC_0888_copy_1612x1209.jpg
DSC_0890_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0889_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    DSC_0889_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0891_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    DSC_0891_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 125
Did you try shorting the EXC5? It seems slightly odd though if it’s happening over three separate kits/motherboards... Do you have another Supergun or Cab you can test on?

Did you look at @xodaraP section of the guide with the troubleshooting.

I was hoping to see more pics of the kit actually installed. Also, be careful removing the entire multi connected with the interconnect board :)

Glad it’s working! Which pins did you clean? Was it with isopropyl?

Did all three of your kits suffer from the same issues?

I think it happens that all three of them have the same symptoms.
I haven't checked the rest yet, but it didn't work yesterday.
I wiped the legs of the program rom.
That's right with alcohol.

DSC_0895_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0894_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    DSC_0894_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 137
It could possibly be the sockets on your motherboard were dirty and not making proper contact. Cleaning the pins after insertion might wiped off or dislodged any further gunk in there. Let us know how you go with the other kits.

Good work!

The other two boads didn't work either.
I just wiped the pins and the second one finally worked.
I will do my best and move the third one as well.
Other people who don't move should laugh and refer to this.

Thank you.

I got the kit installed 2 days ago, pretty straight forward instal, wear gloves people those pins are sharp.
Since i used a rev 4 B board i had to solder the wires but the instructions are very clear.
I did struggle to get the encrypted roms to work but it was my mistake, the two middle wires needed to be switched but it is noted on the install guide i just didn't read that.

I'm happy with the multi, even though i had to sell a few of my boards to afford it but it was worth it.

I didn't have much time to post about this last week, but I have yet to successfully get my kit to work. I'm hoping someone might know what I'm doing wrong. My CPS2 was a working SFZ2 Alpha setup when I bought it but it was using an Arduino connected to connector C9 and the battery had already been clipped off. I pulled all the chips from the board as instructions dictated and slowly carefully put the multi kit in. I was getting a black screen. So, I consulted the guide and made sure all connections were tight, but still I get the black screen. I saw @TMF68k mention that he had cleaned some of the pins so I used isopropyl alcohol to clean the pins of the smaller multikit board and let them dry. No pins are bent and I made sure when reinstalling the kit to get good connections everywhere. Still getting the black screen though. I'm using the unencrypted ROMS since I don't have a cable to write the keys yet. I figured I would post here first to see if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong and if it's obvious.

yfxM3o3.jpg

This is the arduino that was connected to CN9

n6iKJJg.jpg

Here are my pal chips.

yMLbGkW.jpg

Side view.
aCFMgE0.jpg

w9gJYi9.jpg
iuz9isU.jpg

Physical install looks fine. Did you try shorting the EXC5 (see a few posts above). Also perhaps try using a different or older ROM set? Does the game load correctly on the selector LCD?

Back