What's new

Pinball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Marco 9.6 multi with 'Afterburner Climax (VGA only)' listed under 'Special Hardware Games', so basically unplayable currently. However, I note that the current rom list has the game in the 'joystick games' section (i.e. playable!) as 'After Burner Climax (Analog stick game) VGA only'.

Presumably my rom list is outdated, but where can I find the revised rom (please PM me if it's problematic to post here)? Once I have the revised rom, is it simply a matter of then copying the file to the hard disk, or do any settings have to be modified too? How does the software know that a given rom is now a joystick game? Does each rom file have metadata or somesuch?

Many thanks for any info, as I love this game, and have it on the Xbox360. For some reason, I don't think it was ported to other console systems, sadly. If it was I'd buy it!

On a related point, I note that the following are in my list as 'special hardware games', but are now 'gun games', so same question for these (where are the new roms?):

- Let's Go Jungle ("Fake" Analog guns, doesn't work with normal guns) HD
- Let's Go Jungle ("Fake" Analog guns, doesn't work with normal guns) * Custom VGA *
- Let's Go Jungle ("Fake" Analog guns, doesn't work with normal guns) * Custom FULL HD *
- Let's Go Jungle NEW VERSION working with standard guns !!!!! HD
- Let's Go Jungle NEW VERSION working with standard guns !!!!! VGA

Why don't you just play those games in Teknoparrot? Both work perfectly.

Teknoparrot lets you configure your own controls so you don't need any special hardware for PC based arcades.

My son was playing After Burner Climax this afternoon using a regular PC flight stick. He also played Mario Kart Arcade GP DX and Chase HQ 2 using a Logitech wheel.

I use my Sega type 2 guns for all gun games in Teknoparrot and other HD PC based arcades that are standalone like Time Crisis 5 and Alien Extermination.

Where can one obtain a complete Teknoparrot set/hard disk with all games and systems? I'm thinking MAMEburner type folks :)

Meanwhile, I can play Afterburner Climax on an Xbox360, along with 1,983 other Xbox360 games, but would prefer original hardware :)

Last edited:
I don't think this site allows discussion on things like that but you won't have a hard time finding it with a Google search.

I have After Burner Climax on the PS3 too (from when it was sold via the PSN store). It's been a while since I tried it but I can't see much difference when I play the arcade version.

I just find it convenient to have all my games on one system. I have games like SF4, Virtua Fighter 5 and House of the Dead 4 on my PS3 too but playing the arcade versions on my PC offers way more controller flexibility.

I highly recommend getting a UHID from Ultimarc for an arcade PC multi-game. You can use one board for almost everything. In addition to joysticks, analog pots, optical controllers etc, you can even allocate pins to output 5v to trigger relays for solenoids and LEDs.

The only other input boards I use are Arduinos (to convert analog controls to absolute mouse for shooters that only allow mouse input) and force feedback controllers for racing games.

It certainly beats needing a separate PC and I/O board for every game....

Back