What's new
I've noticed on a few games I've changed settings on that I've had to flip the dip to enter the menu, change the setting, then flip the dip back (all while still powered) in order to save the new settings.

Just a heads-up

Thanks for pinging but my question was not about saving settings on that menu but about the result of the tests of the S1 (or at least mine) with some games:

There are 2 ways to acces the service menu:

1. If you flip the dip 1 when the board is OFF you will run a ROM and RAM test and only if there are no errors you will access the service menu (then to save settings you'll have to flip the dip to OFF while is on) otherwise the board will stuck with the error code on screen.
  2. If you flip the dip 1 when the board is ON you will bpass any HW test and access directly to the service menu even if the test had some errors (then to save settings you'll have to flip the dip to OFF while is on)

As I mentioned, changing between games, can result in the new game identifying the saved data in backup ram that corresponds to the previous game as an ERROR.

I can also be that some games check the CRC of the ROMS. Can you please post again which exact games were giving you the error?

This are the errors encountered running the test for every game on my System 1. I didn't tested deeply the games but all gaming are running fine for the moment, I've played splatterhouse untill the stage 5 without any issue so I DON'T mean that this errors (if they are common with all the setups) are meaning anything with the playability of the games (sometime even performing a conversion can output some errors in the HW test). It can also depend on my motherboard for that reason I asked if someone else is encountering those problems :)

Quester (Japan)

1. ROM NO.5 ERROR
  2. 00FF
  3. 0000
  4. 0000
  5. 0000
Souko ban Deluxe

1. ROM NO.7 ERROR
  2. 47FF
  3. 0000
  4. 0000
  5. 0000
Splatter House SH3, SH2, Tank Force (2P)

1. RAM2 ERROR
  2. 0657
  3. 0000
  4. 0000
  5. 0000

World Stasium '89

1. ROM NO.0 ERROR
  2. 00FF
  3. 0000
  4. 0000
  5. 0000

Received my FlashcatUSB XPORT yesterday, currently finishing to flash the last memory module.
It's slow, but as you have to do this only once...

To be noted : you have to set the programmer in "Parallel NOR Flash" mode.
This is not mentioned explicitely in the instructions pdf file, but you can guess it by having a look at the Console log screenshot.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 147
My multi is great! My motherboard is not :(

The VOICE samples aren't making it through to the final audio mix. My original roms are Galaga'88 and the voice samples are used so infrequently that I actually re-installed the mutli to change games and troubleshoot :thumbup: Still I'm wondering if anyone knows a game on the system that has a better test mode (that includes toggling voice samples) or just a game that uses voice samples heavily during attract mode. Thx.

edit: looks like boxy boy has some during attract but lmk if there's something better like a test mode or diagnostic rom out there!

Last edited:
namco system 1 multi has arrived.

I made Galaga '88 a donor board.
Galaga'88 was working.
I burned the ROM of the thread and set it on the board.
I set the jumper and set the board on the motherboard.
JP1=A JP2=C JP3=F

When I turn on the power, there is no screen or sound.
If you switch back to Galaga'88, Galaga'88 will work.

What should i do?

@KRG First of all, look from the side and check that all pins sit comfortably. I assume that you have downloaded and read the latest instructions, right?

Which are your jumper settings and which games did you try? Did you remove the KeyCUS?

did you write the memory modules? Are they in the position matching the picture in the first post of this thread?

PLMK.

Thanks.

It had a little pin floating.
It seems that the pin was finer than the IC socket.

Problems I know
Marchen Maze's Voice is strange
Yokai Douchuuki doesn't work

Yokai Douchuuki's EEP-ROM does not work unless it is made by SEEQ.
I heard that it doesn't work with EXEL.
Is it working?

Yeah... I didn't test much the other day TBH.

I'm using Smokemonster's packs :

Marchen Maze's voice samples are incorrect
Yokai Douchuki (both versions YD1/2) don't work properly visually (sprites are white)
Shadowland works, but voice samples are incorrect as well
Splatterhouse sound samples seem off as well

I should test more...

Edit : when I say voice samples are incorrect, it mean to say that it sounds like the wrong sample is played.

Last edited:
Marchen Maze's voice samples are incorrect
Yokai Douchuki don't work properly visually (sprites are white)
Shadowland works, but voice samples are incorrect as well
Splatterhouse sound samples seem off as well
They should all work 100%. Which donor did you use? Can you please confirm that all pins are sitting properly?

I've used a Pacmania.
From what I can see, yes the pins are sitting correctly.
You said none of the jumpers should matter, except JP3 right ?

Edit :
Baraduke II voice samples in are correct ("I'm your friend !")
Bravoman samples are correct as well. Can anyone flip the screen in the test menu on this one ? The only test menu so far with a sound test, and I can't use it...
Blast Off : samples incorrect
Blazer : samples incorrect (at the end of the attract mode, after the player's tank has been destroyed, there's normally the sound of a motor before going back to the title screen - in my case it plays the sound of the player's tank shooting instead)
Boxy Boy : samples seem correct (based on the attract mode)

Last edited:
Back