What's new
Blazer : samples incorrect (at the end of the attract mode, after the player's tank has been destroyed, there's normally the sound of a motor before going back to the title screen - in my case it plays the sound of the player's tank shooting instead)
I made some test and I can confirm this one, also the rest of the samples seem to be swapped in attract mode (and in game I think).

In beraboh man I can acces the service menu but I can't move the selection, the only button that works is "service" that circles through the montor geometry and color setting but it's impossible to change any option.
Anyway it's not the only game with the sound test menu, by pressing the service button in the service menu of the other games you will access to other menus and there's the sound test one too.

EDIT
I confirm that Blast Off too has incorrect/missing samples

Last edited:
Yes, for Blazer that was just a specific example that I gave because I was able to identify which sample was wrongly used instead of the correct one. But the other samples are swapped around as well.

For the test menu of Bravoman I have the same problem as you, cannot change anything, except the number of the voice to play, with P2 left direction.
Which other game have you found with a sound test ? I haven't been through all of them yet.

Don't remember exactly if every game has that menu (splatterhouse for sure) but just press a couple of times the service button. The first menu should be the input test and the second one the sound test. As said before the ROM and RAM test is accessible only if powering the board with tha dip 1 already ON

Don't remember exactly if every game has that menu (splatterhouse for sure) but just press a couple of times the service button. The first menu should be the input test and the second one the sound test. As said before the ROM and RAM test is accessible only if powering the board with tha dip 1 already ON
Thanks for this, it was much easier to diagnose my issue in sound test mode (it’s my op amp at p4). Galaga has this menu.

As an aside I also saw a rom error like yours on Boxy Boy when booting with dip1 enabled. I’ll test some more after I clear my voice fault. If the roms were patched to bypass the keycus I would think that could cause it. Games seem to be fine though.

Hello on my side everything is working except all revisions of Yokai Douchuuki / Shadowland on a Splatterhouse donor. Blue screen then nothing. I have a red message saying please wait for half second then black screen when dipswitch 1 is turned on... anyone having the same problem ?

Jumpers are A C F

I get Ram 2 error with Splatterhouse with dipsw 1 turned on.

Tried to reseat still the same issue.

Last edited:
sQBZL7D_d.webp

The hero of my installation was a Muji brand pen that fit perfectly between the adapter and the memory module. Otherwise I was having trouble removing a memory module without bending pins. This let me lift each side just a bit at a time. If anyone has a better tool for this part lemme know (and add it to the instructions...)!

and if not... muji gel ink ball point .5 or .38 and they’re nice cheap pens!!

Was going to point out the same, do not jam a pry tool on the sides, you can destroy the components underneath flash module. Only pry from from top/bottom, if using a tool, use a plastic one that wont wreck the surface mount soldered pins on the connectors. for such little pins they have a ton of grip, I thought I was going to rip off a connector form the solder pads, with how much force I was putting on them to pry them apart, but after doing a few modules they did get easier to pry apart by hand.

Last edited:
ditto. I got nervous on my first few modules.

I learned quickly to use a tool to gently pry them up. Also, I noticed I didn't need to press them all the way down to program them which made the grip less intense on the way out.

@Darksoft I do have different voices in places, I wonder if the merging or patching had an issue. Slaughterhouse Voice samples are different starting at about sample 201 from testing in mame. In gameplay it's noticeable when you swing at an enemy.

Maybe the offset is 100... maybe one rom's data was merged in twice? It seems like sample 314 in the multi is sample 214 in mame, for what that's worth. There’s some duplication somewhere but I haven’t found it. On the multi numbers 600+ have samples but in mame it’s only in the 500’s.

Last edited:
I'll check it out this weekend.
it would be great if you'll have some spare time to check Beraboh man and Blazer too.
Thank you for your work this multi is already fantastic and with some tweaks it will become a masterpiece!

Bumping the Yokai Dochuki / Shadowland not working, I have another friend with the exact same issue (blue screen on boot the black screen)

Hello on my side everything is working except all revisions of Yokai Douchuuki / Shadowland on a Splatterhouse donor. Blue screen then nothing. I have a red message saying please wait for half second then black screen when dipswitch 1 is turned on... anyone having the same problem ?

Jumpers are A C F

I get Ram 2 error with Splatterhouse with dipsw 1 turned on.

Tried to reseat still the same issue.
Bumping the Yokai Dochuki / Shadowland not working, I have another friend with the exact same issue (blue screen on boot the black screen)
For me Shadowland works fine. Both versions of Yokai Dochuki load and I can play them. But all the sprites are pure white.
yokai dochuki a.jpg

Not a dealbreaker as I would only ever play Shadowland anyway.

My donor board was a Galaga '88. I've not noticed any issues with other games. But I've only spot tested 50% of them or there abouts.

@the Goat just tried mine, also galaga88 donor. Same sprite issue for me on Yokai Douchuuki

Also Dangerous Seed flips the screen by itself midway through level one for me ?(

edit: switched “Type” on the test menu to “C (Upright)” and it didn’t do it this play. Will test some more, but that was certainly odd.

Yeah... I didn't test much the other day TBH.
Marchen Maze's voice samples are incorrect
Yokai Douchuki (both versions YD1/2) don't work properly visually (sprites are white)
Shadowland works, but voice samples are incorrect as well
Splatterhouse sound samples seem off as well

I should test more...

Edit : when I say voice samples are incorrect, it mean to say that it sounds like the wrong sample is played.
So that wasn't just me.

Guys, how about the voice samples ?
Just compare the attract mode of Shadowland to the one in MAME.

Last edited:
Slaughterhouse Voice samples are different starting at about sample 201 from testing in mame. In gameplay it's noticeable when you swing at an enemy.
Also, I just listened closer to Mame vs. the multi and concur. I have different sounds when I swing at the enemies in Splatterhouse.

Keep it coming please. I'll have a look at all of these.

Back