Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score

Attachments

• Namco_System1_Multi_labeled.jpeg
    Namco_System1_Multi_labeled.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
So once this is programmed it’s merely dipswitches to change the game correct? Also, I notice a reverse tate orientation in part of the demo, are there dip switch settings to reverse that on the System 1 board itself or do some games require a yolk flip?

Also, I notice a reverse tate orientation in part of the demo, are there dip switch settings to reverse that on the System 1 board itself or do some games require a yolk flip?
You can turn on dip switch 1 on the motherboard in order to enter Test menu. There you can change among other things the rotation/flip.

So once this is programmed it’s merely dipswitches to change the game correct?
That's right, just change dip switches and you are good.

Instructions have been updated with some minor changes, including the table with one possible dip-switch configuration. Be sure to download it!

Is the script to generate the romset already available?

How about the other jumpers on the board. Which position should the be?
And just to let you Guys know. Dragon spirit burnt roms on my board also used jp3 on E

And just to let you Guys know. Dragon spirit burnt roms on my board also used jp3 on E
IIRC they are not relevant anymore, the problem was JP3 as it's the one deciding if a certain pin is tied to GND or VCC and that could gry something.

In my case JP1 is at A and JP2 is at C.

thanks.

they are at the same position on my board.

tomorrow i will probably get the stuff from aldo.

From here:
JP1 - Configures ROM types, setting: 1-2
JP2 - Configures ROM types, setting: 1-2
JP3 - Configures ROM types, setting: 2-3
JP4 - Used to set speaker output to STEREO/MONO

Where is the script you run against your MAME folder that generates the files you program to the Multi modules?

In case it goes broken @caius has made some very nice reproductions: Namco '6xA1' reproduction
For the occasion of this new Namco System 1 multi I routed a more compact board layout of my '6xA1' reproduction.Like the previous revisions, besides the '64A1' used on System 1 my replacement will emulate also the '60A1' and '63A1' used on earlier boards.

Attachments

• 6xA1_repro_V5.jpg
    6xA1_repro_V5.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 203
In case it goes broken @caius has made some very nice reproductions: Namco '6xA1' reproduction
For the occasion of this new Namco System 1 multi I routed a more compact board layout of my '6xA1' reproduction.Like the previous revisions, besides the '64A1' used on System 1 my replacement will emulate also the '60A1' and '63A1' used on earlier boards.
Fantastic news! Congrats.

got my tracking info from @HighScoreSaves ! woo hoo! Might have a new toy before Thanksgiving!

I also am not able to find this script file. Is it available to create the memory modules for programming?

Back