What's new

FallingRock

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all - thanks for the excellent forum!

Full disclosure, I’m new to the arcade scene. Just started collecting cabinets for a game room. I recently purchased a street fighter 2T and was gifted with a CPS2 board in the same unit. Bonus!

It’s a functional board currently running SSF2. I’d love to change it however to SSF2T. I don’t have the hardware however to program my own roms (saw a few threads on that). Is there a good site besides ebay to buy them?

Are there any other upgrade requirements to run SSF2T? I’ve been reading about the suicide batteries, looks like I need to swap those out on the two boards.

Lastly a CPS1 question (please don’t ban me). My SF2T had some color glitches when I first played it. example: Zangif or most red objects were flashing white and looked like theybwere made of old CRT TV static screen. I later plugged in the board again and only got a red screen?

Thank you all in advance - I searched the board for an hour looking for similar questions, apologies if this is similar to another thread.

hey! Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn.

Congratulations on your new arcade, and converting your SSF2 to SSF2T won't be very hard. Where in California are you? I'm in Bakersfield and can help you convert that if necessary.

I'm not sure about the red screen on the cps1 board, but the graphic glitches mentioned earlier sound like it had developed a faulty graphics chip which is common on those boards.

Where can I buy a new PPU chip or is that something I need to burn myself?

Back