What's new

Tailsnic Retroworks

Professional
Reaction score
Hi. I am asking myself if it would be possible to convert a Virtua Striker 2 Model 3 Step 2.0 to a Spikeout Final Edition. Has anyone achieved to make it?

The DSB2 is not needed for running, the game will work with out it. However, you'll be missing a lot of the audio (music entirely I guess). It's not just a DSB2 you need to get either, you also need to mix the two audio outputs (game board and DSB2).

There's some info and pics of a dedicated setup in this thread:

Sega Model2/3 - JAMMA Adapter Thread

The DSB2 is not needed for running, the game will work with out it. However, you'll be missing a lot of the audio (music entirely I guess). It's not just a DSB2 you need to get either, you also need to mix the two audio outputs (game board and DSB2).

Many thanks. I have seen that, apart from the DSB2 board, I need a tiny and a big mixer boards. I don't have a hurry, I can make my conversion slowly, xD.

I have bought the 2 mixers I need, and only I need to find the digital audio board. I'll probably open a WTB thread.

Last edited:

Many thanks. I have seen that, apart from the DSB2 board, I need a tiny and a big mixer boards. I don't have a hurry, I can make my conversion slowly, xD.
I have bought the 2 mixers I need, and only I need to find the digital audio board. I'll probably open a WTB thread.
The DSB2 is generic, as long as its populated with the right roms, it will work with your game board. Of course the only other thing that is very important is the cable that connects the model3 to the DSB2 as it wont work right without it.

Audio mixer is not specific as you can use any audio mixer at all to do this job. I personally use one designed for camcorders to mix the dsb2 and model3 audio in both Spikeout Digital Battle Online and Star Wars Trilogy arcade. You just need to mix the sound effects that come of the main model3 audio and the digital music that comes off the dsb2.

Without dsb2 you will be able to play the game fine, just no music at all. If you have any dsb2 problems, just contact me as I have done two of these setups at this point I am pretty good with this silly audio board that sadly there just isnt enough info out there on.

Spikeout has 64Mbit mask roms, so that's definitely going to be an issue for any conversion.

Daytona 2 and Ocean Hunter have them too.

I had forgotten that.

Back