What's new
Around here 150$ isn't going to get you a cab with a monitor.
You might find the body/coin door/control panel for that.
You're looking in the wrong places, there a MK cab complete (just missing the game PCB) for $25 in CT right now, also there's a guy in Holyoke with a few 25" dynamos and similar cabs with monitors in the $100-$200 range.

if OP is patient and willing to move when the deal arrives I'm sure he'd be able to secure a decent cab in his price range.

You're looking in the wrong places, there a MK cab complete (just missing the game PCB) for $25 in CT right now, also there's a guy in Holyoke with a few 25" dynamos and similar cabs with monitors in the $100-$200 range.
if OP is patient and willing to move when the deal arrives I'm sure he'd be able to secure a decent cab in his price range.
thats a really long drive from Pittsburgh. Better take all of those cabs with you.

Should_You_Buy_It_flowchart.png

1) Set your budget, Once you know that.

2) Pros & Cons list of what you want vs what you can actually afford. Must haves and can live without type of thing.

Like Jassin says, also factor in maintenance/replacement costs, not to mention your time and downtime to deal with repairs; like your CRT going up in smoke and having to replace it, also factor in that CRT are super heavy.

Honestly, from all the comments that you are making I would tell to get yourself a decent PC for mame, a good screen or use a tv/monitor you already have, and build out a decent control panel and call it a day. If you need a cab, get the the cheapest decent shape cab you can get and start from there. If you want to play arcade PCBs then, get yourself a supergun, like RGB's HAS.

It's a pain to use CRT emudriver, you can't use modern Windows 8/10 64-bit UEFI installs with a setup like that.

To get it working I had to resort to using WinXP, screw that noise! *mumbling*outdatedtrashosfrom13yearsago*mumbling*
I agree it's a pain... but I'm using Windows10 with it and works 100% ;)

Before I had Windows7-64 and worked perfectly as well..

You just need to deal with the unsigned driver...

You're looking in the wrong places, there a MK cab complete (just missing the game PCB) for $25 in CT right now, also there's a guy in Holyoke with a few 25" dynamos and similar cabs with monitors in the $100-$200 range.if OP is patient and willing to move when the deal arrives I'm sure he'd be able to secure a decent cab in his price range.
thats a really long drive from Pittsburgh. Better take all of those cabs with you.
I was referring to Jassin talking about cabs "around here" which to him is the Boston MA area.... I already sent Op a $350 MK cab in nice shape in his area. I'm sure if he wants a sub $200 deal he'll either need to watch CL like a hawk or find a local arcade group to hook up him with a local deal.

It's a pain to use CRT emudriver, you can't use modern Windows 8/10 64-bit UEFI installs with a setup like that.
To get it working I had to resort to using WinXP, screw that noise! *mumbling*outdatedtrashosfrom13yearsago*mumbling*
That hasn't been true for a while now. the latest version of CRT_EmuDriver supports up to and including Win 7, 8 and 10 both 32 and 64-bit

it also supports 3 whole generations of newer video cards since then as well.

-----------------

@CharGP02A it seems to me that you're looking for someone to tell you to just "buy this"... What you need to do is stop listening to all of the opinions in this thread, look at the facts about what things do what, and what things are compromised when you make one choice over another, do A LOT of research (google, the arcade otaku wiki, etc.) to fill in the gaps, while you check CL daily for deals on a cabinet.

You'll help familiarize yourself with what's in your area, and hopefully by the time the "Right cab for you" pops up you'll know it's the right one and at a good price and wont be afraid to make the plunge to purchase it.

Last edited:
That hasn't been true for a while now. the latest version of CRT_EmuDriver supports up to and including Win 7, 8 and 10 both 32 and 64-bit
Apparently I haven't been keeping up, so good... I'm glad it was continued/advanced.

I messed around with all the early 15khz PC options of the time, I've still got a ArcadeVGA card in storage.
Out of everything I used, my preferred method of getting nice looking video on a 15khz CRT via MAME PC was with a UVC.
That's likely no longer the case today.

I forgot all about 15khz (other than upscaling) and embraced the LCD...

DO NOT RESIST US! :D
$_57.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
a guy at a convention is selling pandoras box 3 device for 100. Is this something I should look into?

this might be relevant to your interests:

I disagree with his video card choice as an nVidia card will not work with an Arcade monitor (for that you'd need an ATI HD4xxx through HD7xxx card). but the rest of it should be a mid-grade emulation machine... certainly better than a Pi or any multi-board (like a pandora's box)

Same dude, a little bit better value (a complete Naomi setup will run ya about 300$ alone).
That is a pretty sweet deal even for out here.
  • Since that is running MvC2, it likely has the Capcom I/O. That costs about $120 shipped alone
  • MVC2 costs about $150
  • Naomi 1 here in the US costs about $80 shipped
  • You can sell this and recoup your money quickly
I'd jump on this. MvC2 is hard to come by even around these parts.

Yea not bad right?
I figured he could flip all the Naomi gear as well, prob end up with a pretty decent Dynamo cab for about 200$.

While I appreciate this, I have no way of getting to Boston. My stepdad is not going to drive his truck with me to Boston for any reason. I doubt I could convince him.

You could fit this into the back of a van... If you wanted to rent one, Enterprise has pretty good rates. ;)

Contact the dude, see if he will let you pay for it online and schedule a date for pick-up later. Put in the legwork. For my last cab that I picked up, I coordinated with him for a month before finally making the 8 hour round trip to pick it up. For these long trips, you want to get a rental anyway so you can abuse them with activities like picking up arcade machines and offroading :)

Contact the dude, see if he will let you pay for it online and schedule a date for pick-up later. Put in the legwork. For my last cab that I picked up, I coordinated with him for a month before finally making the 8 hour round trip to pick it up. For these long trips, you want to get a rental anyway so you can abuse them with activities like picking up arcade machines and offroading :)
I took this route but my time taken was 6months before I took 2 days off and got a trailer. Do your stretches and have snacks/food that can be eaten with one hand. Pray to the arcade gods that it doesn't rain and the cab doesn't tip over.

Back