What's new

hocuslocus

Beginner
Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a way to some how get the data off u98, u103 or u104. and some how reprogram the altera chips, similar to how you would an eeprom? I know the cpu itself is nearly impossible to get but the chips aren't.

can you use something like this once you get the chip off?
https://uedata.amazon.com/Altera-UP2-Education-Kit/dp/B00R2C226O

I thought I had an issue solved, but turns out its still around. the video/sound is perfect for like a minute then the video starts getting somewhat pixelated as soon as orchid makes an appearance in the attract screen. Not exactly sure where to go with this, even broken boards are expensive to get.

I'm kind of looking into this more from a curiosity stand point. looks like there might be a barrier to entry though. the QUARTUS II software people use to program these types of chips is super expensive. Like almost 3k per year (per license) expensive. Wonder if there is a work around. From what I've read on the altera programming forums, it's possible to do what I thought (the learning curve is higher than a standard eeprom writer/reader). There are tons of cpld chip tools out there though.

Back