What's new

davidcoolman

Student
Reaction score
hi,
some high pitch noise come from my sanwa 29e31s monitor at the suction cup on the tube. its not the yoke, 99% sure.
As a few of my other moinitors died recently i'm kinda extra carefull.
the noise resemble air breathed in between tightly closed lips at quite high pitch but the sound volume is rather small.
maybe the issue always existed and was never notciced but just wanna make sure it's nothing or fix
thanks

I don't what causes noise from the anode cap.

I seem to get it after a recapped chassis install as well.

Is there some sort of grease we are supposed to applying to create a better seal?

I would love some iteration on this topic as well.

thanks so dead flyback, over spec B+ or bad seal...
thanks for your inputs, any other sugestions

I have never heard a high pitch squeal from under the anode. Buzz yes, squeal no.

Grease is put under the cap so there's less chance of it arcing in a humid environment. Personally, I never bother.

high pitched squeals are typically flyback related. I have read about people shimming theirs with a toothpick or other things.

Only noise I've heard from the anode cap was the cracking noise from the electricity popping out of it. It was my first cab before i knew anything about CRTs and arcade games.

Only noise I've heard from the anode cap was the cracking noise from the electricity popping out of it.
That's what's called arcing. Electricity will usually flow through the path of least resistance. So if the anode is making poor contact (due to dirt, or if the hook isn't in place), it's possible the electricity will try to ground itself through the frame.

When I get any monitor in, I always double check the anode area is clean and the hook is firmly in. Arcing can fuck up a number of things (including you).

Back